|By Business Wire||
|September 5, 2013 07:31 AM EDT||
FairWarning, Inc. the inventor, patent holder and world’s leading supplier of privacy monitoring solutions for electronic health records today announced record growth in the adoption and production deployment of the company’s solutions. Key milestones and statistics in the adoption and productive use of FairWarning® solutions include:
- Production customer growth accelerated 70% from 2012 through 2013 year to date. FairWarning® now has 180 enterprise production customers representing 900 hospitals and over 3,600 clinics. FairWarning® projects that nearly 200 enterprise customers will be in production by year-end 2013
- In early 2012, the company launched the FairWarning® Certified Professional training program and has now graduated over 100 privacy monitoring professionals. The company’s certified training program has accelerated the availability of experts protecting electronic protected health information (ePHI) and operating privacy monitoring compliance programs. By year end 2013, FairWarning® will have formally trained more than 120 FairWarning® Certified Professionals based on the fully-booked 2013 schedule
- FairWarning® now maintains over 100 billion audited access events with its 180 productions customers. FairWarning® has multiple production customers who have proactively audited and now manage over 5 billion events. The company anticipates continued growth providing FairWarning’s customers with best-of-class visibility on emerging vulnerabilities in electronic health records
- In August 2013, The United States Patent Office (USPTO) granted FairWarning® a Notice of Allowance on the company’s core privacy monitoring patent. The USPTO Notice of Allowance gives FairWarning®’s customers and partners assurance and trust that the company has a sound basis for its intellectual property rights
- FairWarning® worked closely with its customers to accomplish the above while increasing its overall KLAS rating. In the midterm report for FairWarning® Privacy Breach Detection, the overall score has risen to 85.7 (out of a 100), an increase of 1% across a 6 month trend. In a recent KLAS Alert released on August 13, 2013, “every customer interviewed said they would purchase FairWarning® again.” KLAS Alert about FairWarning® Privacy Breach Detection issued on August 13, 2013. © KLAS Enterprises, LLC. All rights reserved. www.KLASresearch.com
Care provider customers cite the following as the top market drivers for investing in a FairWarning® solution and participating in FairWarning® Certified Professionals training:
- The requirement to comply with HIPAA HITECH Final Rule and prepare for the Office for Civil Rights’ permanent HIPAA audit program of 2014
- The desire to expand the trust in and scale of their electronic health record investments
- Awareness that a care provider’s reputation for protecting their patients’ confidentiality is a competitive factor in attracting and retaining patients with sensitive medical conditions.
According to Kurt Long, CEO and Founder of FairWarning®, “FairWarning® will continue to aggressively invest in additional customer service programs, assuring that care providers are able to grow trust with their patients and confidently expand their electronic health record investments. Further, we are expanding FairWarning® expert service programs that give care providers affordable access to best-in-class compliance and privacy experts as well as providing training to grow their own staff’s expertise.”
Privacy Monitoring Benefits to Care Providers
Leading care providers who are accelerating their deployments of patient privacy monitoring receive the following benefits of their investment:
- Sustainably comply with complex Federal and state privacy laws such as HIPAA, as well as meeting notification and reporting requirements
- Ability to confidently scale and grow trust in their electronic health record investments and share medical information electronically with 3rd parties
- Protect against inadvertent, criminal and fraudulent misuse of electronic health records
- Grow and protect their reputation for confidentiality, privacy and security
- Empower confidential sharing of sensitive medical information
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning®’s mission is to lead the industry expansion of trust in Electronic Health Records empowering care providers to grow their reputation for protecting confidentiality, scale their digital health initiatives and comply with complex Federal and state privacy laws such as HIPAA. By partnering with FairWarning, care providers are able to direct their focus on delivering the best patient outcomes possible while receiving expert, sustainable and affordable privacy and compliance solutions. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, UK and EU Data Protection, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning® visit http://www.FairWarning.com or email Solutions@FairWarning.com.