|By JCN Newswire||
|September 9, 2013 08:28 PM EDT||
The Ayla has been designed and developed by Daihatsu and its local subsidiary, Astra
Daihatsu Motor (hereafter, "ADM"), and it will be manufactured by ADM.
As part of Daihatsu's partnership with Toyota Motor Corporation, it also began supplying the model as an OEM to Toyota's "AGYA" on the same day.
Created on the basis of Daihatsu's expertise in producing fuel-efficient, affordable compact cars and developed jointly with ADM, the Ayla is a "Car of Indonesia, for Indonesia" that aims to fully meet Indonesian needs. Daihatsu is leading its competitors in releasing the model to target new auto consumers, who are expected to increase in numbers as the LCGC policy takes effect.
The retail price (including tax, accessories and tools) ranges from 76.1 million to 97.5 million rupiah/AT: MT+9.0 million rupiah (approximately 650,000 yen - 830,000 yen/AT: MT+80,000yen).
1. Fully localized as a result of learning Indonesian needs through a market survey and hiring Indonesian designers.
2. Affordable price achieved through local procurement. Energy efficiency maximized and weight reduced to achieve fuel efficiency.
3. Development and adoption of a new platform that provides a spacious interior for five people and sufficient luggage space in a compact body.
4. Dynamic, graceful style, produced with Indonesian designers involved from its concept design phase.
5. A ride height that clears rough and water-submerged roads and a minimum turning radius that allows easy handling even on narrow roads.
About Daihatsu Motor
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd., was established in 1907. The company manufactures small automobiles, car parts and cars under contract for the Toyota Motor Company. Automobiles including small passenger car
Source: Daihatsu Motor
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net