|By Business Wire||
|September 10, 2013 05:00 AM EDT||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that its convergent mediation software has replaced some of Dutch communications service provider Ziggo’s existing systems. The company’s best-of-breed software platform enables the operator to more easily and rapidly collect, process and transform service transactions into billable records.
- A first time customer of Comptel’s and the largest cable operator in the Netherlands, Ziggo serves around 2.8 million households, with more than 1.8 million Internet subscribers, almost 2.3 million subscribers for digital television and 1.5 million telephony subscribers.
- Comptel Convergent Mediation offers a single, technology-agnostic mediation platform that supports both prepaid and postpaid customer bases. The high-performance platform currently handles more than one billion transactions per day at 20+ operator sites.
- A commercial, off-the-shelf software solution, Comptel Convergent Mediation seamlessly integrates with communications service providers’ other BSS/OSS and network element interfaces, as well as extends to next-generation environments and services.
- “Comptel’s solution integrates easily with our billing and network systems, and offers a platform for the efficient and accurate mediation of our broadband services," said Arnoud Klerkx, director, applications development, Ziggo.
- “We are pleased to have Ziggo on board as a Comptel customer and deliver mediation for its services,” said Mauro Carobene, CMO, Comptel. “Our platform’s proven reliability, scalability and cost efficiency are just what communications service providers need to achieve better operational and business performance results.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s convergent mediation product.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Comptel, Ziggo, Comptel Convergent Mediation, mediation, cable, fixed telephony, communications service provider, CSP, OSS, Netherlands, Europe, consolidation, scalability, converged services, convergent mediation, operators, customer interaction automation, reliability, cost efficiency, cost efficiency, performance, billing, broadband
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 86 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.