|By Business Wire||
|September 12, 2013 03:23 AM EDT||
Booth 7.K30 IBC2013, Amsterdam — Aspera, Inc. (http://www.asperasoft.com), creators of next-generation software technologies that move the world’s large data at maximum speed, today announced the beta availability of Aspera Drive (http://asperasoft.com/springsummer2013-previews/), the new unified sharing and collaboration platform for big data combining complete desktop explorer integration with unrivaled performance and ease of use, transparent support for on–premise and cloud storage, and with comprehensive security, management and access control.
Unlike the myriad of “drive,” “file sync” and “file sharing” services on today’s Internet, the Aspera platform allows for transfer and synchronization of files sets of any size and any number with maximum speed and robustness at any distance, with the full access control, privacy and security of Aspera technology. An innovative architecture allows the platform to be deployed on-premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid model.
Aspera Drive brings remote file browsing, transfer, synchronization, and package sending and receiving to the desktop, browser and mobile device. An innovative backend architecture and API allows for fine-grained, centralized control over content access, security and bandwidth, regardless of content storage location – on premise or on cloud. Users enjoy maximum transfer speed, security, and distance independent collaboration, and can access and exchange “big data” with ease from their environment of choice. Aspera veterans will recognize how the user experience builds on Aspera Connect (http://asperasoft.com/software/transfer-clients/connect-web-browser-plug-in/), Cargo (http://asperasoft.com/software/transfer-clients/cargo/), Sync (http://asperasoft.com/software/synchronization/) and Mobile (http://asperasoft.com/software/mobile-apps/) and unifies Shares (http://asperasoft.com/software/web-applications/aspera-shares/) and faspex (http://asperasoft.com/software/web-applications/faspextm/) paradigms on the backend to achieve a revolutionary file sharing experience.
Aspera Drive – the Desktop Experience
Aspera Drive brings together all transfer and synchronization paradigms of faspex and Shares directly into the desktop file explorer. Through the expandable Aspera Drive entry in the desktop file explorer, collaboration with big data sets is easy and comprehensive:
· High-speed synchronization from the desktop to Shares. Automatically sync local folders with remote Project Shares and other Drive users.
· Synchronization supports directories with arbitrarily large numbers of files.
· Integrated secure desktop browsing of remote Shares, projects, and files.
· Drag and drop high-speed transfer to and from remote shares and projects (on premise and on cloud).
· Transfer and synchronization run at full available network capacity (10 Gbps) regardless of distance, based on Aspera technology.
· Desktop integrated faspex sending and receiving - right click to send a faspex package and automatic download of faspex packages to desktop.
· Fully integrated on-the-wire encryption and encryption at rest, allowing for secure global distribution and exchange of content.
· Email notification on new package availability or new content uploaded to a Share.
Next Generation Faspex and Shares – the Web Experience and Management Backend
Aspera Drive is powered by the latest Shares and faspex application platforms, allowing users to access content through the desktop or browser, and with convenient and powerful centralized control that spans storage locations and user groups.
· Users can browse authorized Shares and transfer or sync via Aspera Drive on Desktop or transfer within the faspex browser interface using Aspera Connect.
· Users can send and receive packages via Aspera Drive on Desktop or via Aspera Connect in the browser.
· All faspex capabilities to exchange files with third-party individuals and faspex workgroups are fully compatible with Aspera Drive including ad hoc email invitations to receive, email links to download, and distribution to faspex workgroups, with automatic security and expiration of content.
· Files can be automatically distributed directly to user desktops with speed and security through sync-and-download or automatic download of faspex packages.
The user experience also extends to email and mobile platforms:
· Large files and directories can be sent and received as attachments directly within Outlook e-mail with the Aspera Outlook plugin.
· The Aspera faspex mobile applications for Android and iOS (http://asperasoft.com/software/mobile-apps/faspex-mobile-app-for-ios-and-android/) are also fully compatible allowing sending and receiving content directly from the mobile device.
Administrators can manage user authentication, access to content, and transfer bandwidth policies and security settings across all storage locations (both on premise and on cloud):
· Access to upload, download, sync and view-only can be managed centrally by user and by group from the Shares administrative interface.
· Aspera server nodes may be on premise, or on AWS, Azure or other supported cloud platforms. Administrators can easily configure secure access points transparently to end users.
· Transfer bandwidth policies and security can be set per user and per group.
· All common enterprise and ad hoc authentication schemes are supported. faspex 3.5 and Shares 1.6 now support SAML authentication, as well as authentication via multiple Active Directory and LDAP directories, as well as self-provisioned user accounts.
· Finally, at IBC Aspera will also preview the next-generation backend faspex 4.0 that unifies all of the file sharing and package sending capabilities of faspex and Shares into a single application.
Aspera Drive will be available in beta immediately after IBC and is on display for demonstration along with the rest of the Aspera high-speed transfer platform at the Aspera stand, 7.K30.
Aspera is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented fasp™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Over 2000 organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets. Please visit www.asperasoft.com and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.
This information was brought to you by Cision