|By ACN Newswire||
|September 12, 2013 04:48 AM EDT||
"We are excited about the caliber of guests we have lined-up for the Convention this year," said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. "Representing the full value chain of the broadcasting industry not only in Asia but across the world, our roster of speakers will lend their considerable expertise to a comprehensive schedule of panel discussions over the three days of the Convention."
Appearing at this year's Convention will be a select group of internationally renowned leaders and experts across a variety of industries - all with a stake in multichannel TV around the globe - including:
- John Tsang Chun-wah, Financial Secretary, Government of Hong Kong SAR
- Sam Branson, Founder & Chairman, Sundog Pictures
- Jeremy Carr, VP, Entertainment, Digital & Advertising Sales Asia Pacific, Turner International
- Derek Chang, MD Asia, Scripps Networks
- Simeon Dawes, SVP, Advertising Sales & Partnerships, FOX One Stop Media
- Arjan Hoekstra, President, Discovery Networks Asia
- Kar-Tai Koh, Global Brand Manager, Shell Advance Motorcycle
- Brian Lau, VP, Programming, STAR Movies, FOX International Channels
- Ravi Mansulkhani, CEO, IMCL
- Charlie Muirhead, CEO & Founder, Rightster
- Jean-Briac (JB) Perrette, Chief Digital Officer, Discovery Communications
- Jim Ribbans, Executive Producer, Original Content, FOX International Channels
- Mike Rich, CEO, Content (APAC), GroupM
- Uday Shankar, CEO, STAR India; Chairman, FICCI Entertainment Committee
- Bertram Van Munster, Co-Director, Asia, activeTV
- Johnny Webb, Partner, Sundog Pictures
- Courtney Williams, MD, Business Development and Strategy, Asia Pacific, AMC/Sundance Channel Global
- Anthony Zameczkowski, Head of Music, YouTube APAC
- And many more
Highlighting the diverse range of panels and sessions this year:
- Talking TV - What's been happening on TV in the past year and what's coming up... as well as trends and outliers. (With Branson, Van Munster, Webb)
- Formats Asia @ CASBAA - Programme formats are an increasingly important element contributing to the success of pay TV in Asia. CASBAA is proud to welcome Formats Asia to the Convention to provide a forum for both buyers and sellers to discuss the issues that matter most.
- In Conversation: The Digital Tail and the Pay TV Dog - As channels and platforms begin or expand their online delivery, a multitude of options are being explored. (With Perrette)
- Women Media Network Breakfast - We are the thought leaders of today - but what do we want our children to see tomorrow? Media influences our consumption, our thoughts and even the way our children and the next generation will see the world.
- Digitised India - India's ongoing digitisation exercise is perhaps the greatest wholesale shift in a market our industry has ever seen, anywhere in the world. (With Shankar, Mansulkhani, Gandhi)
- Monetising OTT - The technology is amazing, the apps are hot, the devices are everywhere - but making a profitable OTT service is a complicated proposition. (With Carr, Lau, Zameczkowski)
- In Conversations: Aggregating Eyeballs Online - Multi-Channel Networks are emerging online, utilizing the YouTube platform to distribute, market, and offer direct media sales. (With Muirhead)
- Final Thoughts - Changing of the Guard: The industry has seen plenty of changes in the past twelve months, with plenty more coming. (With Chang, Hoekstra, Williams)
Supporting the CASBAA Convention this year are Presenting Gala Sponsor Turner International Asia Pacific and sponsors Accedo, active TV, AMC/Sundance Channel Global, APT Satellite, Asia Broadcast Satellite, AsiaSat, Bloomberg Television, Brightcove Inc., Channel NewsAsia, Discovery Networks Asia Pacific, Disney, Dolby Laboratories, euronews, France 24, GlobeCast, Intelsat, Invest Hong Kong, Irdeto, ITV Choice, MEASAT Global Berhad, Movideo, now TV, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, Playboy Plus Entertainment Inc., PwC, Scripps Networks, SES, TBN Asia, Time Warner, TV5MONDE, Verimatrix, Viacom International Media Networks, Vivicast Media and WarnerTV.
For more information, please visit www.casbaaconvention.com.
Established in 1991, CASBAA is the Association for digital multichannel TV, content, platforms, advertising and video delivery across geographic markets throughout the Asia-Pacific. CASBAA and its members reach over 445 million connections within a regional footprint ranging from China to Australasia, Japan to Pakistan. The CASBAA mission is to promote the growth of multichannel TV and video content via industry information, networking exchanges and events while promoting global best practices. To view the full list of CASBAA members, and more information, please visit www.casbaa.com .
Desmond Chung Associate Director, PR & Communications CASBAA Tel: +852 3929-1712 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.