|By Marketwired .||
|September 13, 2013 03:05 AM EDT||
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwired) -- 09/13/13 -- IBC2013 - Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in big data management and data protection, today announced that The Ark Post Production has implemented Quantum's Lattus-M object storage and StorNext® appliances to manage, share and preserve its volumes of digital assets and provide a seamless and efficient end-to-end media workflow. Established in 2002, The Ark is one of London's leading post production facilities with two sites in SoHo that manage the duplication, conversion, encoding, transcoding and editing of digital media.
Faced with tightening production deadlines and growing amounts of media content to manage in various formats, such as 2K, 4K, HD and SD, The Ark required a solution capable of handling a multi-petabyte archive of digital assets while also providing self-healing, self-protection and fast retrieval times. Additionally, content creators and video editors needed to seamlessly and immediately access and share content across a variety of editing and VFX applications, such as Final Cut Pro and Avid Media Composer, where each toolset is supported by different operating systems.
Working with the technical experts at CCK, a U.K.-based Quantum certified reseller, for product selection and installation, The Ark chose StorNext and Lattus products throughout its end-to-end digital content workflow, including:
- Lattus-M, which integrates next-generation object storage technology with StorNext Storage Manager in a highly durable, scalable and efficient disk-based archive and enables policy-based movement of content and rapid retrieval of archives at nearline speeds. Lattus-M also offers much greater durability than traditional RAID offerings, including true self-healing and self-protection capabilities, and enables automatic multi-site protection without the need for replication. The result is a highly resilient, disaster-tolerant, scalable archival repository that doesn't need to be backed up;
- StorNext M660 which delivers the high performance and flexibility of the StorNext File System in a pre-configured metadata appliance that enables collaboration across the entire workflow from ingest to delivery and archive; and
- StorNext QD6000 disk array, providing high-performance primary online storage optimized for StorNext environments.
Brendan O'Reilly, CEO, The Ark Post Production
"We pride ourselves on our quality of service, communication with clients and our quick turnaround. After evaluating several object storage solutions, we found that Quantum's Lattus combined with StorNext were unmatched in the industry by giving us the infrastructure that integrated seamlessly into our workflow and even enhanced it for greater access speed and robust content preservation."
Ewan Johnston, Area Vice President, EMEA Big Data, Quantum
"Our StorNext technology has long helped media and entertainment companies manage the retention of massive amounts of content through a policy-based tiering engine. The Ark is a perfect example of a leading post production facility using advanced software editing tools and techniques that require reliable access to their digital archives in a timely manner. The integration of StorNext with next-generation object storage in our new Lattus-M strikes the right balance to enable nearline access to a content repository in an extremely durable, highly scalable and cost-effective disk-based offering."
- For more information on The Ark Post Production, please visit: www.theark.uk.com
- Visit Quantum at its IBC booth located at Hall 7, Stand G30 from Sept. 13-17 at the RAI Amsterdam: www.quantum.com/ibc2013
- Learn more about Quantum's Lattus object storage: www.quantum.com/products/bigdatamanagement/lattus/index.aspx
- Read about Quantum's StorNext appliances: www.quantum.com/products/bigdatamanagement/index.aspx
- Participate in the StorNext Community Forum: http://stornextforum.com
Quantum is a proven global expert in big data management and data protection, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, Lattus, StorNext and StorNext Storage Manager are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's StorNext and Lattus products and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. More detailed information about risk factors are set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2013 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 7, 2013. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
+49 89 9430 3200