|By Business Wire||
|September 16, 2013 07:02 AM EDT||
DISH’s Hopper® Whole-Home DVR entertainment platform received international acclaim last week, taking home a Cable & Satellite International (CSI) award from the International Broadcasters Convention (IBC) 2013 in Amsterdam. Building on the record number of awards already received by a DVR, DISH added an international award from the IBC as the “Best Customer Premise Technology” to Hopper’s billing.
“Hopper is the industry’s most awarded DVR, and the best home technology win at IBC reaffirms its superiority,” said Vivek Khemka, senior vice president of product at DISH. “While the Hopper is currently only found in the U.S., we are honored that the international community has concurred and recognized it with this award.”
The CSI Awards, sponsored by Cable Satellite International Magazine, is a technology competition that recognizes innovation in the cable, satellite, broadcast, IPTV, telco, internet/OTT video, mobile TV and associated sectors. Currently, DISH’s Hopper can only be found in the United States.
In addition, DISH’s Hopper was nominated for awards in the following categories:
- Best Customer Premise Technology: Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR. Accompanied by small, sleek Joey™ units for second, third, and fourth-room viewing, the Hopper enables customers to pause live TV in one room and continue watching in another room.
- Best Satellite Contribution/Distribution/Transmission Solution: PrimeTime Anytime. With this feature, DISH customers can easily record primetime shows on up to each of the four broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) and save them for up to eight days.
- Best Content-On-Demand Solution: DISH Anywhere application. This app for iOS and Android devices allows DISH subscribers to access their live TV and DVR recordings on mobile devices over the Internet. Live mobile viewing is enabled using Sling technology and is now integrated into the new Hopper with Sling.
- Best Mobile TV Technology or Service: Hopper Transfers application. With this unique capability, viewers can move recorded television programs from their DVR to an iPad and watch those shows on the go for no additional charge. The transfer of these recordings to the iPad occurs via Wi-Fi in the home. This feature is exclusive to Hopper with Sling.
- Best Social TV Technology, Service or Application: DISH Explorer application. DISH Explorer is Hopper’s second-screen iPad app that combines program-discovery tools, social media engagement and remote-control capabilities.
Earlier this year, DISH’s Hopper was also recognized as co-winner of the “Best of Show” award at the International Consumer Electronics Show 2013 in Las Vegas and received the “Editors’ Choice” award from PC Mag.
More information about Hopper is available at www.dish.com/hopper.
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.014 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2013, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life®. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.