|By Marketwired .||
|September 25, 2013 05:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - September 25, 2013) - Jeff Hays today announced that filming is underway on the new documentary - Bought. A new crowd funding campaign at indiegogo.com has an early trailer. Bought is a film dedicated to uncovering, exposing and highlighting the facts all individuals have a right to know.
"We already live in a country with a 'Forced Childhood Vaccination Program' which is a trojan horse for the nanny state. What happens if mothers are no longer given an option for exemption from vaccinating their child? Who has the right to decide what's injected into a child and what's not? Parents are designated as legal guardians, yet with the changes taking place, parents may need to list the government as a co-guardian when it comes to vaccinations," said Jeff Hays, producer of Bought. "With Obamacare, even adult healthcare workers are being required to have the flu vaccination and those that refuse, are losing their job. This is being done in the name of preventive care, but at the expense of our personal right to choose what goes into our body."
Why does Jeff Hays view this as a "forced childhood vaccination program?" Here are some things to consider:
- 32 states DO NOT allow a philosophical exemption from vaccines[i]
- 50 states allow medical exemption from vaccination. However, in many states, the health department will review the doctor's exemption and revoke if it the health department officials don't think the exemption is justified[ii]
- 2 states do not even allow for a religious exemption which can be considered a violation of the First Amendment rights[iii]
Why does Jeff Hays wonder if under new guidelines this is being forced on adults? Healthcare workers are the first group of professionals forced to get flu vaccination or lose their job. Here are some things to consider:
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) Increasing Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Health Care Personnel ("the group"), has recommended that hospitals around the country implement a program to increase flu immunization rates to 90 percent by 2020.[iv]
- Who is included and considered a "healthcare worker"?
- Nurses, lab techs, students, clerical, security and volunteer personnel [v]
- 60 percent of all U.S. health care professionals don't want to get an annual flu shot [vi]
- In Ohio, which also has a mandate that hospital employees be vaccinated, the healthcare company TriHealth has fired more than 150 workers for not complying with flu shots. Firings have also taken place in Florida and Pennsylvania.[vii]
- Nurses, lab techs, students, clerical, security and volunteer personnel [v]
Does this infringe upon American's rights? What are key organizations saying?
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) disagrees with the mandate on the grounds that it's not effective enough. The strains, and therefore the effectiveness of the shot, vary from year to year. In years when there is no match, "the vaccine may provide no protection at all." [viii] The shot should be offered to employees, along with the benefits and risks, and they should be allowed to sign a declination and not be fired if they refuse the vaccine. [ix]
- NVIC (National Vaccine Information Center) believes one size doesn't fit all, and mandates are unconstitutional. "It is unfair, irresponsible, and unethical for employers to force healthcare workers to choose between their health, their deeply held spiritual or conscientious beliefs, or their job." Mandates also don't take into consideration the fact that flu vaccines come with risks.[x]
What's behind the "vaccination craze" as Jeff Hays calls it? As Jeff was filming his last documentary, Doctored, he uncovered the trail of evidence that leads to the answer to this question…Big Pharma and money. Look at the facts:
- In 2011, the US Federal government awarded 6 pharmaceutical corporations over 5.7 Billion to manufacture children's vaccines alone.[xi]
Here's how the system works:
- The VFC program purchases the vaccines from the vaccine manufacturer. The vaccines are then distributed to state health departments and territorial public health agencies. In turn, children who couldn't normally afford vaccines are supposed be injected at no cost. [xii]
"The key is to remember Public Law 99-660 which states no corporation, corporate executive, board member, doctor, state or local health official can be held responsible for a vaccine injuring a child. [xiii] Some of the pharmaceutical companies that have been awarded contracts have been charged with criminal acts by the Department of Justice.[xiv] They are in essence above the law," said Jeff Hays. "And with the designation of vaccines as preventive care according to Obamacare, there is an anticipated onslaught of vaccines that will be hitting the market."
Landmark cases have been won this year in U.S. Vaccine Court, granting families of autistic children financial awards for the damage caused to their children by vaccinations. For the first time ever, several of these families have agreed to be interviewed on camera, and let their stories be heard publicly.
"The future of the pharmaceutical industry is vaccine. We don't have a baseline of safeties on these vaccines. What we need now is a comprehensive study of vaccinated and unvaccinated people," said Toni Bark, M.D. an expert physician featured in Bought.
"We intend to ignite a national conversation that involves parents nationwide and stirs the curiosity of millions. I want to spark that innate portion of our human instinct that is designed to question and ultimately protect each of us from harm. I know this is controversial, and it should be. The days of just accepting what the medical community, the media and the government say should be gone," said Jeff Hays.
Here are some things to consider:
- The U.S. Court of Federal Claims Office of Special Masters, between 1988 and 2009, has awarded compensation to 1,322 families whose children suffered brain damage from vaccines [xv]
- Over $2 billion dollars has been awarded to families who have been injured or killed by vaccine reactions by this "Vaccine Court"[xvi]
- About 30,000 cases of adverse reactions to vaccines have been reported annually to the federal government since 1990, with 13% classified as serious, meaning associated with permanent disability, hospitalization, life-threatening illness or death[xvii]
- 80 percent of all flu-like illness reported during the "flu season" is NOT caused by influenza but by other viruses and bacteria;[xviii]
- Only 5 to 20 percent of Americans get type A or type B influenza in an average year and the majority recover without any complications and are left with immunity to the strains they were infected with, which contributes to natural herd immunity in our population;[xix]
- The majority of published influenza studies are so poorly designed, they have not demonstrated that influenza vaccine is effective or safe;[xx]
"I was warned not to include Andrew Wakefield in the production of this film." said Jeff Hays. "He's a lightening rod, and can automatically draw criticism to a project that has just begun. But this film isn't about defending Andrew, the facts are going to vindicate Andrew Wakefield. This film is to help people determine what kind of country we want to live in: either one where we each have personal medical freedom…or one where the government decides what's best for us and our children."
Americans are bombarded with tons of information and Jeff is dedicated to providing one source of education and to create a portal where answers can be found. Experts are being interviewed and never before information is being revealed.
Jeff Hays and Bobby Sheehan decided to enlist the public in the fund raising activities and are hosting their campaign on the popular Indiegogo site, at www.supportboughtmovie.com. They already completed the first funding to get the film underway, which is further evidence of the power of crowd funding, especially with such a controversial topic as this.
Bought is a film about the issue of health being sold out from underneath individuals through big pharmaceutical companies, dangerous vaccinations and a food supply chain contaminated by the use of GMOs. Jeff Hays started Capstone Entertainment in the mid-nineties and built a production/distribution company to a multi-million dollar level and won numerous awards in children's programming. One of Jeff's most notable films was Fahrenhype 9/11, which he produced in 2004 featuring Ron Silver, Dick Morris, Senator Zell Miller, Mayor Ed Koch and others. This film generated millions in revenue and was widely accepted by the public and received positive reviews from the NY Times, Variety and other media. In 2005, Jeff produced On Native Soil where he was short-listed for an Academy Award. He also produced My Workout on Lifetime Television for a year and most recently released Doctored which has already sold over 150,000 copies. Bought is currently scheduled to be released Spring 2014. For more information go to www.BoughtMovie.com or contact Renee Stewart at 866.519.5445 or rstewart@TabooPublicRelations.com.
[vi] King WD. Woolhandler SJ et al. 2006. Influenza Vaccination and Health Care Workers in the U.S. Journal of General Internal Medicine.
[xviii] FDA. Feb. 20, 2003. Vaccines & Related Biological Products Advisory CommitteeMeeting Transcript.
[xix] Centers for Disease Control. Seasonal Influenza and Simonsen L., Clarke MJ et al. 1998. Pandemic versus Epidemic Influenza Mortality: A Pattern of Changing Age Distribution. Journal of Infectious Diseases.
[xx] Jefferson T. 2006. Influenza vaccination: policy versus evidence. British Medical Journal. And Jefferson T., Debalini MG et al. 2009. Relation of study quality, concordance, take home message, funding, and impact in studies of influenza vaccines; systematic review. British Medical Journal.
Taboo Public Relations was formed to handle the often controversial, yet typically necessary topics and products. We found that often there is a cause that people should be talking about, but are not always comfortable doing so...
So we are here to help.
We create educational based content that is driven to the media in order to garner positive coverage about the facts. And let's face it, we all need the facts in order to make educated decisions as consumers.
So, if you want to grow your efforts, expand your offering, take your product to the next level...and you have a bit of "spice" added to it...then we are your firm.
We create effective messages and measure our results!
The following files are available for download:
Taboo Public Relations