|By Business Wire||
|September 25, 2013 06:36 PM EDT||
Bitium, an operating system for cloud-based apps that provides single sign-on, app management and analytics for the enterprise, today launched its iPad app, which brings Bitium’s capabilities to the popular tablet for the first time. As the use of iPad in enterprise continues to grow, Bitium gives users the ability to access more than 800 apps with a single password, grant and revoke access to corporate apps, delegate access to apps without sharing passwords, and track app activity across an organization, both in the office and on the go.
Bitium’s iPad app was built for iOS 7, which includes over 40 new features geared towards enterprise users. With features like enterprise single sign-on, app management and data protection, Bitium complements Apple’s latest operating system with additional tools for enterprise tablet users and administrators.
Bitium’s key features include:
- Access more than 800 apps with one password – no need to remember multiple logins.
- Grant and revoke app access to employees in one click with Bitium’s advanced admin features.
Share access with partners
- Request and grant access to corporate accounts on behalf of partners without sharing passwords.
- See which apps employees are using most and least – and save money by shutting off unused accounts, or increase productivity by deploying the most useful apps to others in an organization.
- Monitor activity through a communications stream that pulls in messages and notifications from apps, and engage with other employees through a chat interface that automatically includes everyone in the organization.
“We created Bitium to solve a problem that everyone who interacts with cloud-based software on a daily basis faces: too many apps with forgotten passwords and no central operating system to connect them,” said Scott Kriz, co-founder and CEO of Bitium. “As we’ve rolled out the product with enterprise customers, we are seeing an increasing trend in companies issuing enterprise tablets rather than laptops, and the Bitium iPad app provides our users with a multi-platform experience.”
The Bitium app is available for free from the App Store on iPad, or at www.AppStore.com/Bitium.
Bitium is an enterprise software company that is creating an operating system for cloud-based apps. Bitium’s vision is to change how people and companies work by fundamentally changing the way they interact with software. Bitium helps companies manage more than 800 cloud-based apps, including collaboration tools, CRM, social networks, accounting programs, bug trackers, customer service dashboards, marketing tools and more. Bitium was founded in 2012 by Scott Kriz and Erik Gustavson and is funded by venture capital firms and a group of strategic investors and entrepreneurs in the enterprise cloud space, including Resolute.VC, Desk.com founder Alex Bard, Real Networks founder and CEO Rob Glaser, Double M Partners, Social Leverage and Karlin Ventures. Bitium is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA.