|By PR Newswire||
|September 26, 2013 06:00 AM EDT||
SEATTLE, Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, jcoco officially welcomes two new flavors to its American couture chocolate line: agave quinoa sesame in milk chocolate and jingle berry, a seasonal combination of goji berries and pine nuts in dark chocolate. With exquisite mouthfeel, inspired ingredients and perfectly-portioned sizing, jcoco is an award-winning line of premium chocolate from Seattle Chocolate Company. CEO Jean Thompson and Chef Amanda Freitag will co-host a private debut of the flavors tonight in New York City, an event which will also kick off the national, 24-hour #jcocogives fundraising effort in support of jcoco's ongoing commitment to fighting hunger.
"We love the taste of chocolate, and the exploration of new flavors for our bars," shares Seattle Chocolate Company owner and CEO Jean Thompson (the "j" in jcoco). "But for us, what's most important is the way chocolate, and food in general, connects one person to another. Connecting to the community around us is at the core of our brand, and to date jcoco has donated more than 63,000 servings of fresh food to Americans in need." For Jean, the jcoco line is the culmination of years of tasting, research and the desire to fuse style, phenomenal taste and a commitment to community in a premium chocolate that appeals to a woman's senses and sensibilities.
jcoco is curated with meticulous attention to every detail from the vibrant hues and velvety texture of the exterior "clutch" packaging to the globally sourced inclusions in each bar. Starting with only the finest European chocolate, the team at jcoco pursues distinctive flavor combinations to produce an unparalleled taste experience with each bar:
- Inspired by seasonal pine boughs and red winter berries, the all new jingle berry is jcoco noble dark chocolate dressed up for the holidays. Gourmet inclusions of toasted pine nuts and slightly tart goji berries, make for a perfectly balanced holiday treat. Available only through December 2013, jingle berry bars are elegantly wrapped in festive black and white winter imagery and packaged in a vibrant red box;
- Also making its debut, the new agave quinoa sesame bar is made with Vanuatu milk chocolate blended with the rich nuttiness of sesame and puffed quinoa, and infused with agave for a crisp crunch;
- The noble dark bar includes the finest Belgian 72-percent cacao couverture dark chocolate and adds roasted Columbian cocoa nibs for a deep flavor with fruity overtones;
- The vanuatu coconut pecan bar infuses this single origin milk chocolate with thin shavings of toasted coconut, raw pecans and sea salt for a flavor that melts in the mouth;
- The edamame sea salt bar is made with whole, slow roasted, non-GMO edamame, dusted with sea salt, and combined with a hint of soy sauce in a rich milk chocolate;
- The unique white chocolate cayenne veracruz orange bar leads with a strong citrus flavor and finishes with a gentle kick of cayenne pepper;
- The black fig pistachio bar mixes dark chocolate with dried black Californian mission figs and whole roasted Californian pistachios for an ideal sweet and nutty texture combination.
To help introduce the new bars – and the flavors behind them – jcoco has paired up with celebrity chef Amanda Freitag for an intimate event with dishes of the chef's own creations, inspired by the bars. "I love cooking and preparing recipes with ingredients I love to eat. Real, approachable food that's both appealing and memorable," said Amanda. "What excited me most about working with jcoco is their approach to flavor combinations. They have very pure, recognizable ingredients that are paired in new, creative, and I've got to say delicious, ways."
jcoco chocolate bars are available online at www.jcocochocolate.com, in select Whole Foods, Barneys of New York this holiday, and fine gourmet retailers across the country. jcoco retails for MSRP $8 for the three, one-ounce bars and MSRP $2.50 for the single one-ounce bars. For every bar purchased, a serving of fresh food goes to an American in need. All bars are all-natural and certified Kosher.
First introduced by Seattle Chocolate Company in late 2012, jcoco is a unique American couture chocolate that balances style and stunning flavor combinations with a deep commitment to the community. From our thoughtful packaging to our all-natural and kosher certified ingredients, and our perfectly-portioned individual-wrapped servings (just right for sharing) — we believe savoring a jcoco bar is a true indulgence. But it's an indulgence that makes a vital difference. Giving back is at the heart of the jcoco line. We have a growing network of partner organizations in communities coast-to-coast that provide a serving of fresh food to an American in need, each and every time a jcoco bar is purchased. To learn more about jcoco, please visit us online at www.jcocochocolate.com.
About Seattle Chocolate Company
Creating our first chocolate in 1991, Seattle Chocolate Company now offers a full line of premium chocolates that includes Seattle Chocolates truffle bars, award-winning Seattle Chocolates truffles, jcoco bars, and a selection of seasonal and special occasion product offerings. Known for fresh, approachable flavor-combinations and using only the finest ingredients, our small and mighty company is owned and led by CEO Jean Thompson, a self-proclaimed chocoholic. All of our chocolate is all-natural and certified Kosher, and available at retailers nationwide. We support non-profit organizations focused on bettering the lives of women and their families, such as Gilda's Club, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and neighborhood food banks coast to coast. To learn more about our company, our chocolates and our giving philosophy, visit www.seattlechocolates.com.