|By Marketwired .||
|September 26, 2013 07:31 AM EDT||
MAMARONECK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 09/26/13 -- The Mamaroneck Historical Society and Friends of the 1792 DeLancey-Cooper House will hold a Gala dinner, silent auction and historical presentation on Thursday, October 3rd at the Larchmont Shore Club. Proceeds will go towards the effort to save the historic home, which is currently for sale. The home is located across from the Mamaroneck Harbor and is part of a long block being eyed by developers, who would take the house down.
Members of the Save the DeLancey-Cooper House Committee are:
Chairman and Mamaroneck Historical Society Trustee, Carol Akin, Former State Senator Suzi Oppenheimer, former Town Supervisor, Valerie O'Keeffe, candidate for County Legislator, John Verni, Village Historian Gloria Pritts, Mamaroneck village trustee Ilissa Miller, Emily and Eugene Grant, Sunny Goldberg, Joan and Laura Katen, Irene McConnell, Carolyn Pomeranz, Laura Smith, Suzanne Clary, former village trustee Randi Robinowitz and Janet Demasi.
Many fun, interesting and generous gifts have been donated to the Silent Auction. Among them are:
- A week at a cottage in the Berkshires
- A weekend at a ski lodge in Vermont
- Golf for three at the Westchester Country Club
- Dinner (5 $100 certif.) at Andreas 25 restaurant
- Golf for two at Bonnie Briar
- A personal interview on WABC radio
- An oak chest of drawers
- Hand painted designer Christmas plate
- Lenox candlesticks
- 3 hours of architectural consultation
- Brunch for four at the Club Car restaurant
- Mr. Coffee
- A cordless drill
- A mahogany bar chair
- A designer lamp
- A beleek vase
And from Cooperstown -- where James Fenimore Cooper was raised:
- Four tickets to the Baseball Hall of Fame
- Two tickets each for the Fenimore Art Museum and the Farmer's Museum
- Latest biography of James Fenimore Cooper
For anyone who wishing to attend the Gala event, please call (914) 934-2983 or contact Akin400@aol.com immediately.
Contributions are encouraged and welcomed, to help save this historic building.
To contribute, please make checks payable to:
Mamaroneck Historical Society - DeLancey Fund
Or to pay by credit card or Paypal, visit the website: Mamaroneckhistory.homestead.com