|By Business Wire||
|September 26, 2013 01:59 PM EDT||
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® announced today its receipt of the Northern Virginia Family Services’ (NVFS) 2013 CARE Award. The CARE Awards recognize companies in Northern Virginia who are leaders in providing a workplace that caters to the needs of working families and improving work-life balance for its employees. This is CEA’s fifth consecutive year winning the CARE Award.
“CEA is dedicated to providing an environment that supports and encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We make every effort to improve upon our commitment each year by instituting new programs and benefits that help them strike this critical balance,” said Gary Shaprio, president and CEO, CEA. “We are honored to receive this recognition from NVFS for the fifth year in a row, and will continue to innovate our workplace to keep employees happy and healthy and to continue to attract the best and brightest.”
NVFS commended CEA for its leadership among Northern Virginia employers in providing innovative and supportive family friendly benefits, including:
- A mortgage assistance program offering a $25,000 unsecured, forgivable loan to apply towards a down payment of a primary residence within a five mile radius of CEA’s headquarters in Arlington, Va;
- A tuition assistance program offering employees a 75 percent reimbursement on college or university expenses, up to a maximum of $5,250 annually;
- Instructor-led boot camp, strength training and yoga classes as well as access to a 24/7 onsite gym at no cost to CEA employees;
- Summer hours, allowing employees to work extra hours Monday through Thursday from Memorial Day through Labor Day in return for leaving the office at 1 p.m. on Fridays;
- A flexible work arrangement, including the opportunity to telecommute one day a week.
The CARE Awards were created in 1992 to encourage positive change in the workplaces of Northern Virginia. By recognizing companies that have developed innovative benefits and policies, NVFS aims to increase family-friendly policies within the Northern Virginia business community.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the technology trade association representing the $203 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online at www.CE.org, www.DeclareInnovation.com and through social media: http://www.ce.org/social.
CES Unveiled LONDON
October 1, 2013, London, UK
CES Unveiled PARIS
October 3, 2013, Paris, France
CES Unveiled TEL AVIV
October 7, 2013, Tel Aviv, Israel
2013 CEA Industry Forum
October 20-23, 2013, Los Angeles, CA
17th Annual CEO Summit
October 23-25, 2013, Rancho Palo Verdes, CA
CES Unveiled NEW YORK
November 12, 2013, New York, NY
CES Unveiled LAS VEGAS
January 5, 2014, Las Vegas, NV
2014 International CES
January 7-10, 2014, Las Vegas, NV