|By PR Newswire||
|September 27, 2013 05:45 PM EDT||
- CTV wins Thursday with four of the Top 4 programs -
- GREY'S ANATOMY begins its 10th season as Canada's #1 returning drama for key demos -
- TWO AND A HALF MEN returns as Canada's #2 comedy -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/199FU7f
TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2013 /CNW/ - "The Hofstadter Insufficiency" was Thursday's multiplicity as THE BIG BANG THEORY rocketed into the record books with the first two episodes of the season delivering astronomical numbers on CTV last night. The Season 7 premiere was the biggest debut yet for the series with 4.31 million viewers, while the all-new episode that followed delivered the most-watched (overnight) audience ever for the series in Canada, with an incredible 4.61 million viewers. Not surprisingly, the ratings juggernaut powered CTV to its fourth primetime win in as many nights for A25-54, with four of the Top 4 programs televised in Canada Thursday night.
A closer look at Thursday:
- At 7:30 p.m., the season premiere of TWO AND A HALF MEN earned 1.44 million viewers, winning its timeslot in metered markets among total viewers and the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos. TWO AND A HALF MEN moves into its regular 8:30 p.m. timeslot following THE BIG BANG THEORY next week.
- Between 8-9 p.m. last night, half of all English-language viewers were tuned in to THE BIG BANG THEORY on CTV. In Toronto, the premiere episode saw a sky-high 17.6 rating for A18-34, while more people watched THE BIG BANG THEORY in Ontario alone (2.2 million) than any other program broadcast nationally last night. More than 2 million A25-54 and A18-49 viewers watched each episode.
- At 9 p.m., a special two-hour episode of GREY'S ANATOMY won its timeslot with 2.01 million viewers, ranking as the #1 returning drama of the week among A18-34, F25-54, and F18-49. Head-to-head at 10 p.m., GREY'S ANATOMY had a 35% lead over ELEMENTARY (1.45 million, Global/CBS), which dropped 27% compared to its series premiere last fall.
**Media Note** Photography from Thursday night programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
All of last night's episodes on CTV and CTV Two are available across CTV's digital platforms on CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, Overnight vs. Overnight, Primetime 7-11 p.m.