|By PR Newswire||
|October 1, 2013 04:33 PM EDT||
HARRISBURG, Pa., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) today announced a portion of the proceeds on the sale of select pink wines at Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores will be donated to the PA Breast Cancer Coalition.
"We are very pleased to partner with our suppliers for this promotion which will not only raise awareness about breast cancer but will also provide financial resources to assist those fighting the disease," said Joseph E. Brion, PLCB chairman.
From Sept. 30 – Oct. 27, for every case of the following wines sold, Trinchero Family Estates, Treasury Wine Estates, Korbel Winery and Barefoot Wines will donate $1, up to $10,000, to the PA Breast Cancer Coalition.
- Korbel Sweet Rose, 750 mL, regular price $15.99, on sale for $13.99
- Sutter Home Pink Moscato, 750 mL, regular price $6.99, on sale for $5.99
- Sutter Home White Merlot, 1.5 L, regular price $11.99, on sale for $9.99
- Beringer White Zinfandel, 750 mL, regular price $7.99, on sale for $6.99
- Beringer White Zinfandel Moscato, 1.5 L, regular price $13.99, on sale for $11.99
- Barefoot White Zinfandel, 1.5 L, regular price $11.99, on sale for $9.99
- Menage a Trois Rose, 750 mL, regular price $12.99, on sale for $10.99
The donation will fund programs and services that better the lives of both newly-diagnosed women and those who have battled breast cancer for years.
"Breast cancer is a disease that has impacted millions of lives over the years," said Robert S. Marcus, PLCB board member. "The money raised will provide financial support for items such as care packages, educational tools to promote early detection and a patient advocate for those currently fighting the disease. We applaud the companies involved for supporting this worthwhile cause."
The Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition is a statewide, non-profit celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2013. The organization represents, supports and serves breast cancer survivors and their families in Pennsylvania through educational programming, legislative advocacy and breast cancer research grants. For more information on the PA Breast Cancer Coalition please visit www.pabreastcancer.org.
Additional detail on the "Pinktober" program can be found at www.FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com.
Media contact: Stacy Kriedeman, 717-783-8864
SOURCE Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board