|By Marketwired .||
|October 2, 2013 01:07 PM EDT||
ARCADIA, WI -- (Marketwired) -- 10/02/13 -- As flip flops and short sleeves give way to sweaters and boots, and autumn leaves turn from green to gold, there's no doubt fall is in the air. That means it's time to give your space a "cool" home makeover that reflects the new season.
"Just as you'd give your wardrobe a new look to usher in fall -- your home should get a new look, as well," says Brenda Dillon, VP of Merchandising. "But it doesn't require much time or expense. In fact, you can make some important seasonal changes around the house in just a few simple steps."
Here are five home makeover ideas from Ashley Furniture HomeStore that can help you transition your home from summer- to fall-friendly:
1. Change the bedding. Not only does this help you prepare for cooler temperatures, it's an easy way to warm up your bedroom's look in a flash. Light and airy should give way to cozier, heavier fabrics in an array of designs and colors that reflect the fall -- hues of brown, orange, red, deep greens, and gold. Start with a comfortable, warm set of sheets and the right duvet or comforter -- then get ready to layer on the texture! Use big, richly-colored pillow shams and decorative throws for a whole new look.
2. Swap out centerpieces. Give your tables and shelves a little makeover with pretty centerpieces or home accessories that are perfect for fall gatherings -- or just everyday living. It can be a decorative bowl filled with harvest-inspired fruit; a hurricane jar chock-full of tiny, colorful gourds; a vase overflowing with flowers or foliage in fall-friendly colors; autumn-inspired home accessories; or any other ideas you can think up!
3. Add a fall-friendly area rug. Area rugs that boast deep, rich colors or natural fall motifs can instantly warm up a room. (They can also help define gathering spots for those upcoming holiday parties!) Remember, when using an area rug in the living room or family room, be sure to place the furniture entirely on or off the rug. The sofa is an exception -- it can be placed with its back legs on the floor. Rugs under a dining table should have enough space on all sides to allow for the chairs to remain on the rug, even when they're pulled away from the table.
4. Switch throw pillows. Decorative pillows have come into their own as one of the simplest ways to personalize any space and give your home a makeover for the season. Add warmth and character to your room by mixing and matching warm fall colors in a variety of textures and patterns.
5. Introduce the aromas of fall. The addition of a richly scented candle, diffuser or air freshener can conjure up images of apple picking on crisp fall days, a tranquil November rain, or a festive Thanksgiving dinner. Apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, pine, pears, buttery caramel, vanilla, rich berries, freshly-baked bread, and harvest-inspired scents are popular this time of year.
For other helpful lifestyle tips and home makeover ideas, or to browse the hottest new furniture collections, visit AshleyFurnitureHomeStore.com.
About Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 furniture retailer in the United States, delivers furniture and mattresses to customers at over 480 independently owned and operated locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Japan. Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an exclusive provider of furniture from Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc., the largest furniture manufacturer in the United States. "Like" Ashley Furniture HomeStore on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, or see their design-focused boards on Pinterest.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2420965
Ashley Furniture HomeStore
E-mail: Email Contact
Phone: (608) 323-3377