|By PR Newswire||
|October 2, 2013 01:09 PM EDT||
Indianapolis Marriott North Hotel, Indianapolis, Indiana, Friday, October 4, 2013
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Indiana Inspector General David Thomas, CHC, JD, will keynote the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) Annual North Central Regional conference at 8:30 AM on Friday, October 4, 2013, HCCA announced today. Program chair Jackie Smith, Network Privacy & Compliance Officer for Community Health Network will introduce IG Thomas.
"We are pleased to welcome Inspector General David Thomas to our North Central Regional event," said HCCA Chief Executive Officer Roy Snell. "Our regional programs continue to attract expert healthcare compliance speakers and government officials. Our regional conferences provide inexpensive and local training to healthcare compliance professionals and gives them key information to take back to their organizations to enhance their programs."
A full agenda of education on critical issues facing healthcare compliance professionals will be presented by local and national experts. Conference sessions include:
- HITECH IN Effect: A Look at the New Breach Analysis and Implementation of the New Rule? - Speaker: Stacy Cook, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg;
- Data Mining to Stay Ahead of Government Investigations – Speaker: Jared Krawczyk, Mathematician, Fi-Med Management Inc.;
- ICD-10 – Speaker: Pat Schmitter, CPC, CPC-I, Sr. Healthcare Consultant, VEI Consulting;
- Cyber Compliance – Speaker: John Maynor, Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers;
- EMR- Documentation Pitfalls and Solutions – Speaker: Chandra Stephenson, Surgical Coding Manager, Aviacode;
- The Need to Self-Audit related to E&M Coding – Speaker Joy Newby, President, Newby Consulting, Inc.
"Healthcare is in a period of unprecedented change, and not just due to the Affordable Care Act. It's essential for compliance professionals to not just stay on top of what's happening now, but also to be able to hear what's coming next, and what the expectations of the government are," said Snell.
For complete details or to register: http://www.hcca-info.org/Events/EventInfo/sessionaltcd/003_AREA1513.aspx
The HCCA, established in 1996 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, is a non-profit professional membership organization with more than 8,500 members. It is dedicated to improving the quality of compliance. Visit HCCA's Web site at www.hcca-info.org. Tel: 888/580-8373.
SOURCE Health Care Compliance Association