|By PR Newswire||
|October 2, 2013 03:07 PM EDT||
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- You have a problem. You've been told you can get to the top of Google by hiring a search engine optimization (SEO) firm that will provide various online marketing services for your company. We all know that search visibility is paramount online, but the choice between SEOs isn't quite as obvious. So you type "SEO company" into Google. Maybe you're looking for local web service companies, maybe it's a large marketing firm you're looking for; but as you contact these potential providers they all say the same thing about link building, content, and onsite optimization. Industry wide consensus can make it even harder to choose as each knowledgeable consultant seems to corroborate the other's claims.
Internet advertising has changed drastically and rapidly. Various programs have been created because of the shift toward social cues and fresh content creation. New blogging services, reputation management, fake reviews, content marketing, and even link removal companies are jumping in line to bid for your marketing dollar. As if the dizzying torrent of new strategies wasn't enough. Strategies that have been in place for years must be updated to combat the recent algorithm changes. This has put a lot of spam generating businesses out of operation, including big time blog networks that were involved in selling backlinks and various automated softwares.
The information everyone is hunting for seems to be tips for hiring the right SEO firm.
1. The older usually are the wiser- "Wise men make more opportunities than they find." – Francis Bacon. Since the beginning of my experience with SEO companies in 2009, I have noticed that the older and more established SEO companies are more capable of catering to specific needs. A lot of fly-by-night SEOs will keep up-to-date with the latest jargon and official Google statements but they don't have the time or knowledge to address the specific needs of an individual website. I have also recently realized that a lot of these new SEO companies are actually using old tactics that may hurt you in the long run. It's always a good idea to look for knowledge of important figureheads in organic search. Ask an SEO consultant if they are familiar with Rand Fishkin (founder of SEO Moz and Moz.com) and Matt Cutts (head of web Google's web spam team). About 75% of companies will be familiar with and able to talk at length about these two people. This will allow you to eliminate that 25% that will avoid the topic or try to discredit them.
2. Sometimes you have to learn first before you do- "The wisest mind has something yet to learn." – George Santayana. Before buying a car, people do research comparing features and price to determine what each vehicle has to offer above and beyond its competition. Approach searching for an SEO company with the same mentality. By learning some of the recent major algorithm changes you are equipping yourself with the ability to ask questions and judge service offerings. Google's webmaster videos may help you to speak with confidence and ask the right questions.
- What have you been doing since Google introduced Panda and Penguin?
- What type of reporting is available to help quantify linking, coding, positioning, etc.?
- What kind of backlinks will you be providing and are they Panda/Penguin Friendly?
- Can you show examples of clients in my industry or something close to it?
These questions will allow you to see which companies are up to date with Google algorithms and give you a better understanding of what deliverables to expect and if they are safe for your website.
3. Sometimes rankings just aren't enough- "Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves." – Tim Berners-Lee. I can't express how many times I have heard people saying they rank for hundreds of terms on the first page yet they are not seeing traffic that reflects their authority positions. Analytics is the most important piece of code to have in your website as it gives you the most down-to-earth figures. Your advertiser need to know if your keywords are or are not being searched. This information makes smarter organic ranking campaigns possible by allowing you to target keywords that are benefitting you and cut out phrases that are wasting your resources and time. Make sure your SEO company is focused on more than just ranking a vanity keyword.
The outlined tips will help any individual or business compare, evaluate, and hire the right SEO company for the job. These tips may also help set you up to receive reports for evaluating services rendered or even net you additional services and reports that you may not have been offered. Just remember that SEO takes times. Just like body building, positive gains will build over time and sustained effort put into a site is the only way to reach your goals.
Contact NetSuccessUSA for any questions about SEO or internet advertising for your website at (800) 736-0081 or visit us at https://www.netsuccessusa.com/
With a global presence and a dedicated team of experienced SEO professionals, NetSuccessUSA has developed into one of the most adaptive internet marketing agencies on the market. We work with our clients to identify the best approach for marketing each individual site through proven marketing strategies and in-depth analytics. NetSuccessUSA clients include hundreds of international businesses and several Inc. and Fortune 500 enterprises.
Media Contact: Robert Kafka, Net Success USA, 1.818.661.4323, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Net Success USA