|By PR Newswire||
|October 7, 2013 03:44 PM EDT||
COLLIERVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Headquartered in the Greater Memphis area, Republic Roofing & Restoration has stepped in to assist homeowners; offering a free damage analysis as well as giving helpful tips for selecting a contracting company for the job. Often times after a storm no one remembers to check the exterior of their home for damages. Remarkably, sometimes even a slight wind or the smallest pebble of hail can cause significant damage to a structure's roof. Having a damaged roof can lead to many more severe problems. Republic Roofing & Restoration would like to share their tips with consumers in hopes that the selection process will go much smoother.
According to Republic Roofing & Restoration there are several guidelines to keep in mind while conducting a search for a roofing contractor. By following these guidelines it should be much easier to choose a contractor who will provide the quality service each home or business owner deserves.
- Ensure the company has a Bank Financial Stability and Character Letter. Make certain it is signed by someone from the bank listed. This basically ensures homeowners that the company is of good character standing with the bank as well as a financially secure company.
- Ask to see a General Liability Insurance Certificate that covers both residential and commercial properties. Make certain the company is not self insured. A majority of contracting companies no longer carry sufficient insurance to protect home and business owners against personal losses.
- Ask for a Lien Waiver up front. Before any contracts are signed or money exchanges hands be certain to get this waiver. Most contracts are vague and do not provide the consumer with complete protection.
- Read the contract very carefully to make certain that an Arbitration Statement is included. This will give the consumer a method of recourse should a dispute arise.
- Be certain to ask for a list of current references. Reputable contractors know to carry a pre-printed list of references to share with customers. Before making the final decision to hire a particular contractor, contact the references provided and ask many questions. It is also a great idea to ask the contractor for business references as well as who they purchase their supplies from. Feel free to contact them as well.
- Be extremely cautious of contractors who ask for money up front. This is by far the number one area of fraud among contractors. There are exceptions to this rule, like almost everything else in life. If a non-refundable special order has been placed, often times the contractor will ask for this money up front before placing the order. If an insurance company is not covering the costs of the repairs and materials necessary and the home or business owner has questionable credit, the contractor will most likely ask for some, if not all, of the funding up front.
- Check the contractors Trade Association Certificates of Standing. These are more commonly known as the Better Business Bureau or the National Roofing Contractor Association. Looking at reviews on websites such as Angie's List can be a valuable resource as well. Being a member of a trade association simply implies that the company follows ethical business practices as well as provides quality work.
- Before making a decision, make certain the company is a Manufacturer Certified Company. This ensures any warranty will be remain in effect. With a few minutes of research this should not be hard to determine.
- After the work has been completed, ask for a Quality Inspection Checklist and Walkthrough. Before handing over final payment, make certain that a Certified Inspector has done a complete installation review and filled out a checklist. Until this has been done, do not make the final payment. This acts as an added protection to consumers.
Republic Roofing & Restoration is proud to be a company that not only provides customers with quality and integrity, but they are also committed to keeping the Earth a cleaner place to live. These Memphis roofers ensure each shingle they remove is recycled. The shingles are repurposed, as opposed to getting thrown in a landfill. Republic Roofing & Restoration is proud to say their company has taken the recycling pledge and are an integral part of the Owens Corning Shingle Recycling Program.
"Be Ethical, Be Truthful, Be Competitive - it's more than a motto. Republic Roofing & Restoration specializes in insurance claim consultation and restoration. We work all over wherever disaster strikes and handle insurance claims ethically, truthfully, and competitively. Ethical Standards-almost half of all insurance claims filed in the US are fraudulent and we at Republic Roofing & Restoration see this as public enemy number one. Truthfully-we do not try to hide our identity as many contractors in the restoration industry do. Competitively-each and every estimate or quote is prepared with great precision to ensure estimating accuracy. By abiding by these standards and doing exactly what we say we will do Republic Roofing & Restoration is able to ensure credibility with our clients."
Mike Ward-Republic Roofing & Restoration
Republic Roofing & Restoration is licensed and insured throughout the United States. They offer both commercial and residential services in Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Franklin, Collierville, Murfreesboro, Arlington, Germantown, and Carterville, Tennessee. For more information or to schedule a free damage assessment please visit the company website http://republicexteriors.com
Media Contact: Mike Ward, Republic Roofing & Restoration, 888-297-4432, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Republic Roofing & Restoration