|By Business Wire||
|October 8, 2013 06:37 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/csl2p9/byod_their_own) has announced the addition of the "BYOD: Their own devices - UK Public Sector Market for BYOD and Tablets" report to their offering.
This report summarizes the status of the UK public sector ICT BYOD market. It is intended both for those currently working with public sector clients, and those considering this market for the first time.
This new report investigates the usage stories for tablets in public service contexts and finds many areas in which mobile working and smarter processes have been enhanced through these devices.
Key Features and Benefits
The author covers the use of ICT in the public sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Key Market Issues
- Gain insight into the public sector ICT BYOD market in the UK.
- The UK public sector market for bring your own device (BYOD) is still in its early stages. Early adopters are getting positive feedback and growing demand from employees wanting to use personal devices for work purposes.
- BYOD is not delivering significant cost savings but is being implemented to cater to employee demand, as well as demand from students in the education sector.
- Public sector organisations will need to embrace BYOD or risk a security breach because employees are increasingly using their own devices at work whether BYOD is supported or not.
- Organisations that have implemented BYOD have not experienced any security breaches over and above what they would normally expect.
- Higher and further education are at the forefront of BYOD adoption in the UK public sector, while early adopters in local authorities are beginning to move from pilots to full deployments and others are starting to consider the issue.
- Local authorities are leading the use of tablets and early adoption shows material cost savings and improvements to employee productivity. NHS hospitals are using tablets for innovative functions from patient monitoring to ordering food. Tablets have proven to be a highly useful educational tool, for secondary pupils as well as younger children and those with special educational needs, but widespread adoption is being held back by financial concerns.
- The author sees significant potential for the use of tablets - whether they are organisation or employee owned - across all public sector body types, for a wide variety of functions that include paperless meetings, email and calendaring, and data collection/form filling.
- Tablet and BYOD deployments are now being considered by a majority of public sector bodies now that security concerns have been alleviated and mobile device management (MDM) solutions have matured.
- Egton Medical Information Systems
- Everything Everywhere
- Good Technology
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/csl2p9/byod_their_own
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.