|By Marketwired .||
|October 10, 2013 12:03 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/10/13 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that IBM Research Accelerated Discovery Lab is using Juniper Networks® QFabric System, SRX Series Services Gateways and MX Series routers, to deliver massive scale and high-performance network connectivity. Supporting IBM Research's initiative to accelerate the insight discovery process and research timeline for Big Data analytics projects, Juniper's solutions provide a solid networking foundation that delivers the immense computing capacity and advanced analytics capabilities necessary to tackle some of the most perplexing challenges in the scientific and business worlds.
- Massive Scale for Big Data Analytics: IBM Research's Accelerated Discovery Lab, located within the IBM Research-Almaden facility in Silicon Valley, uses a massive scale data and analytics computing platform to collaborate with clients to uncover Big Data insights. With the deterministic low latency of QFabric and its single switch management capability that scales to over 6000 10GbE ports, the Lab can bring together all of the necessary elements -- IBM's Big Data analytics infrastructure, research expertise and a unique user experience -- to address some of today's most pressing world challenges. Especially in the natural resources sector, where most data is unstructured, there has been explosive growth in the need to analyze and transform the data into actionable foresight. For example, Big Data analytics is used to uncover key insights to merge mechanics, field knowledge and diverse data sources to increase operational performance in mine production.
- Security at Scale: The combination of Juniper's industry-leading SRX Series high-performance security gateways and the QFabric single-layer, flat network system provides a simplified and security-rich data center infrastructure that helps support the Accelerated Discovery Lab's requirements for security, performance and scale.
- Powerful Processing: In addition, the Accelerated Discovery Lab has implemented Juniper Networks MX Series routers, which are purpose-built to withstand the demands of the most bandwidth-intensive environments. This approach creates a high capacity, high performance access-to-edge data center network enabling end-to-end connectivity for virtualized servers, storage and other critical systems which together deliver extremely fast processing power.
"The Accelerated Discovery Lab brings clients and IBM researchers together to quickly transform Big Data into actionable insights when tackling some of world's biggest challenges in the areas of genetic research, public health and energy conservation. It would be difficult to handle the sheer volume of complex data if not for the speed and scalability of Juniper's QFabric solution. This solution, integrated with Juniper's security and routing, enables high-performance access to applications and virtualized workloads, regardless of where the data resides."
- Laura Haas, IBM fellow and director, Technology and Operations, Accelerated Discovery Lab, IBM Research
"From smart grid development to artificial intelligence and genome sequencing, a high-performance network is critical to accelerating business and scientific discovery. We value our long-standing partnership with IBM and this latest deployment is a great example of how Juniper's innovative technology helps enable Big Data analytics to solve some of the toughest health and scientific challenges of our day."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform Systems Division, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.