|By PR Newswire||
|October 14, 2013 08:32 AM EDT||
DUBLIN, October 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zgmvqx/food_emulsifiers) has announced the addition of the "Food Emulsifiers Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
This report examines the food emulsifier market by type (mono, di-glycerides & derivatives, lecithin, sorbitan esters, stearoyl lactylates & others), applications (bakery & confectionery, convenience foods, dairy products, meat products & others) and geography to provide a comprehensive analysis of the global market trends and forecasts to 2018.
The food emulsifier market is considered to be one of the fastest growing segments of food additives market due to the growing trend towards reducing fat content in the food products. The bakery and confectionery segment has dominated the demands for food emulsifiers globally. However, the convenience food segment has been the key driver for the market and will continue to be so. Health concerns, consumer awareness, flourishing functional food market, confections & bakery, are some of the key factors driving the segment's increasing demands for food emulsifiers. Furthermore, the application of modern food processing techniques is driving the expansion of food production and new product development in diverse segments such as dairy, bakery, confectionery, processed foods, fats, as well as oils, and this is likely to spur the growth of the food emulsifiers markets. Governments worldwide are developing policies and regulations to penalize unhealthy diets and support healthy ones.
- The global food emulsifiers market was $2,108.0 million in 2012 and is expected to reach $2,858.6 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2013 to 2018. The flourishing food & beverage sector across the globe willl drive the market for food emulsifiers. The global food emulsifiers market in 2012 was dominated by mono- and di-glycerides & derivatives in terms of value and in volume.
- Amongst various types, mono-, di-glycerides & derivatives constituted the biggest market share, while stearoyl lactylates had the smallest market share in 2012, but it is estimated to grow at fastest rate till 2018. An effective use of various other emulsifiers like sucrose esters, PGE, and PGPR has largely contributed to growth in the global food & beverage industry.
- The global food emulsifiers market is dominated by key players such as Danisco (Denmark), Riken Vitamin (Japan), Palgaard (Denmark), and Cargill (U.S.). These major four companies together held more than 50% of the total market in 2012. Danisco is the market leader with 25 % share. It is followed by Riken Vitamin, Palsgaard, and Cargill Inc. Cargill's focus remains on the natural emulsifiers, predominantly lecithin. Danisco, with its exhaustive product portfolio is now focusing on formulation for nutritive & healthy convenience foods. Riken Vitamin and Palsgaard continue to invest in R&D for further enhancement of functionalities of their synthetic emulsifier products.
- AB Nordbakels
- Adani Wilmar Ltd
- Archer Daniels Midland Co
- Cargill Inc
- EI Dupont De Nemours & Company
- Estelle Chemicals
- Ingredion Inc
- Kerry Group
- Lasenor Emul Sl
- Lecico Gmbh
- Lonza Group Ltd
- Masson Group Company Limited
- Palsgaard A/S
- Riken Vitamin Co Ltd
- Royal Dsm NV
- Solvay Chemicals
- Stepan Company
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zgmvqx/food_emulsifiers
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Food and Beverage
SOURCE Research and Markets