|By Marketwired .||
|October 15, 2013 03:00 AM EDT||
BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwired) -- 10/15/13 -- Today at VMworld® 2013 Europe, Puppet Labs, a leading provider of IT automation software, announced enhanced integration with the newly released VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0, which is now available within the VMware vCloud® Suite. Puppet Labs will demonstrate its integration with VMware vCloud Automation Center in booth E520 at VMworld® Europe 2013.
This integration, along with ongoing collaboration between Puppet Labs and VMware, will provide a prescriptive approach to customers on how to best use VMware and Puppet Labs' solutions together. The latest release of VMware vCloud Automation Center will accelerate the deployment of multi-tier applications using Puppet's configuration language and more than 1,600 existing Puppet modules to describe application configurations.
"VMware vCloud Automation Center is a core component of the vCloud® Suite, enabling customers to deploy applications faster through the use of DevOps automation tools," said Rob Smoot, senior director, Cloud Management Marketing, VMware. "With the integration between Puppet Enterprise and VMware vCloud Automation Center, customers can deploy software-defined infrastructure more rapidly, and to any destination."
"The integration between Puppet Enterprise and VMware vCloud Automation Center helps joint customers move faster by automating and simplifying the delivery of IT services," said Luke Kanies, founder and CEO of Puppet Labs. "Deploying an application is now as simple as building a blueprint from a library of more than 1,600 Puppet modules. Together with VMware, we are providing the building blocks for software-defined infrastructure and delivering on the promise of cloud."
- Automated Provisioning. VMware vCloud Automation Center takes a model-driven, open approach to simplifying and automating deployment topologies of multi-tier complex applications in hybrid clouds. With the Puppet Enterprise integration service, users can rapidly deploy reusable, standardized application configurations encapsulated in portable cloud application blueprints.
- Access to a Library of Configuration Solutions. The Puppet Enterprise integration service for VMware vCloud Automation Center provides users the option to leverage pre-existing modules from Puppet Forge as building blocks to automate the deployment of popular applications across public and private cloud environments.
- Learn more about Puppet Labs
- Follow Puppet Labs on Twitter @puppetlabs
- Access the Puppet Enterprise Integration Service for VMware vCloud Automation Center in the VMware Solution Exchange.
- Attend the technical breakout session at VMworld 2013 Europe. "VCM5271 - VMware and Puppet: How to Plan, Deploy & Manage Modern Applications" takes place Wednesday, October 16, 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM.
- Visit Puppet Labs' booth E520 at VMworld 2013 Europe in Barcelona, Spain
Pricing and Availability
The Puppet Enterprise integration service for VMware vCloud Automation Center is immediately available for free download here. For pricing information on the VMware vCloud Suite, please visit the product page.
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is a leader in IT automation. Puppet Labs' software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, on-premise and in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations use Puppet Labs' software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Salesforce, Cisco WebEx, Bank of America and PayPal. Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs employs more than 190 people. The company is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit www.puppetlabs.com.
Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
VMware, VMworld, Automation Center and VMware vCloud are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
LEWIS PR for Puppet Labs