|By PR Newswire||
|October 15, 2013 04:02 AM EDT||
LYON, France, October 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Selected for their entrepreneurial achievements and commitment to society in their respective countries, the members (80% of whom are business or social entrepreneurs and 20% policy-makers, experts and academics) will brainstorm on the following thematic:
Navigating change for sustainable growth
On October 31st the debate will be completely open to the public:
During the opening morning conference there will be a master class on daring and inspiration featuring speakers of international renown. The guest speakers, who have diverse profiles and come from around the world, including France, Brazil, Jordan, Mexico, China, USA, and Singapore, will share their fascinating tales of success with the audience.
In the afternoon, there will be 6 workshops on the following topics:
- From start-up to scale-up: financing for sustainable growth
- Creating opportunities with and for the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Municipal strategies to attract entrepreneurs
- From start-up through growth: the role of incubators and accelerators
- Global best practices to boost women in entrepreneurship
- Using Singapore as a bridge between China and ASEAN
In the evening the "World Entrepreneurs 2013" award ceremony will reward five international figures during a gala dinner attended by Mr. Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who is Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister of Singapore.
The event on November 1st will be open exclusively to members of the World Entrepreneurship Forum and will feature "think-tank" sessions based around three case-studies of Eco-systems in Transition:
- Post-conflict development: case-study of Sri-Lanka
- Entrepreneurship in the face of conflict: case-study of Medellin, Colombia
- BoP in the city: case-study of an experience undertaken in Bangalore, India
A white paper will be published after the forum.
About the World Entrepreneurship Forum
Founded in 2008 by EMLYON Business School and KPMG France, later joined by Action Community for Entrepreneurship and Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, Greater Lyon and Lyon Chamber of Commerce and Industry in France, and Zhejiang University in China, the World Entrepreneurship Forum has already brought together more than 600 members from 75 countries to tackle our world's most pressing issues with entrepreneurial solutions.
For more information or to request official accreditation for the World Entrepreneurship Forum