|By PR Newswire||
|October 15, 2013 01:55 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The CLIO Awards, esteemed international advertising, design and communications competition, today opens entries for its newest global awards program, CLIO Image. The event, which is the first of its kind, extends the CLIO franchise into a new realm, honoring the creative excellence in fashion, beauty, retail and accessories. The inaugural gala will be held at The Pierre in New York City on May 7, 2014, with Women's Wear Daily as the media partner.
Like the CLIOs, CLIO Image will include three types of recognition: the CLIO Award, recognizing work that pushes creative boundaries and demonstrates ahead-of-the-curve thinking; the Lifetime Achievement Award, celebrating outstanding creative contributions by an individual who has paved the way for new industry talent; and the Honorary CLIO Award, honoring those with distinguished bodies of work and creative contributions to their respective industries.
The entries go live with a digital and print campaign created by BBDO New York. Striking images play on the notion that creativity expands beyond the product alone, featuring bare models displaying the entry mediums in just body paint or graphic overlay.
"Clio Image is the first global awards show to recognize the groundbreaking creative work that is done behind the scenes in fashion, beauty, retail and accessories," says Nicole Purcell, CLIO Executive Director. "On behalf of CLIO, I am honored to launch this program with such a diverse and esteemed jury of creative talent."
CLIO Image submissions will undergo the same rigorous jury review process as the flagship awards program, chosen by an elite panel of industry executives, all of whom embody the creative spirit these awards recognize. Submissions will be accepted across entry types including fashion, beauty, retail, accessories and student. By medium, the judges include:
- Kevin Carrigan, Global Creative Director, Calvin Klein platinum label, Calvin Klein white label, Calvin Klein Jeans & Calvin Klein Underwear
- David Hoey, Senior Director Visual Presentation, Bergdorf Goodman
- Trey Laird, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Creative Officer, Laird + Partners
- Sheila Choi, VP Global Store Design, Estee Lauder & MAC
- Paul Ritter, Design Director, ELLE
- Donald Schneider, Creative Director, H&M
- Conor Brady, Chief Creative Officer, HUGE
- Malcolm Poynton, Chief Creative Officer Europe, SapientNitro
ENGAGEMENT/EXPERIENTIAL AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Lauren Bush Lauren, Creative Director, FEED
- Richard Christiansen, Founder & Creative Director, Chandelier Creative
- Dennis Freedman, Creative Director, Barneys New York
- Neil Blumenthal, CoFounder & Co-CEO, Warby Parker
- Richard Ferretti, SVP Global Creative Director, Estee Lauder
- Bruno Aveillan, Film Director, Quad
- Douglas Bensadoun, Creative Director & VP of Marketing, ALDO
- Andy Langer, Chief Creative Officer, Roberts + Langer DDB
INTEGRATED CAMPAIGN & PARTNERSHIPS/SPONSORS
- Todd Waterbury, VP Creative Director, Target
- Helane Blumfield, SVP Creative Director, Macy's
- Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, Artistic Director, OPI
- Lina Kutsovskaya, VP Executive Creative Director, Sephora
- Catherine Sadler, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Banana Republic
PRINT & OUT OF HOME
- Annie Leibovitz, Fashion Photographer
- David Lauren, EVP of Advertising, Marketing and Corporate Communications, Ralph Lauren Corporation
- Alex Gonzalez, Artistic Director, Marie Claire and Town & Country & Co-Founder Executive & Creative Director, AR New York
- Stefano Tonchi, Editor in Chief, W
- Erik Vervroegen, Global Creative Director, Publicis
- Sam Sohaili, Executive Creative Director, DMA United
About The CLIO Awards
The CLIO Awards is one of the world's most recognized awards competitions for advertising, design and communications. The CLIO Awards has maintained its original commitment to celebrate and reward creative excellence, honoring a powerful form of communication and its impact on modern culture. At the same time, the CLIO Awards remains focused on evolving with the industry in order to acknowledge the most current, breakthrough work. To this day, CLIO's iconic statue is the most widely recognized and coveted symbol of the industry's creative accomplishments.
Our mission is to honor the groundbreaking work and talent that push the boundaries of creativity. Everything we do is fueled by our passion for celebrating the power of creativity, provoking action and nurturing your vision. As the standard bearer for visionary communications, we award those creators whose work exemplifies inventive thinking. Celebrating Inspiration. Honoring Imagination. Fostering Creativity. This is the very essence of the CLIO Awards.
Contact: Elizabeth Luke
212 918 2026
SOURCE The CLIO Awards