|By PR Newswire||
|October 15, 2013 02:03 PM EDT||
Denver's Chief Sustainability Officer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Boulder-based Namaste Solar, Colorado Environmental Coalition, and Slow Money to Participate in The SRI Conference in Colorado Springs.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Several speakers from Colorado will be featured when the 24th annual SRI Conference takes place at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs on October 28, 2013. The major national event is organized by Colorado Springs-based First Affirmative Financial Network.
Among the speakers from Colorado will be the following:
- Blake Jones, president and CEO, Namaste Solar lives in Boulder, Colorado. Jones left his job with Halliburton/Brown & Root to build renewable energy projects in Nepal and later co-founded Namaste Solar using a unique business model that includes democratic decision-making, a 4:1 total pay cap, donating 20% of after-tax profits to charity, and 100% transparency with all company information, including salaries. At The SRI Conference, Jones will help lead the plenary: "Redesigning Capitalism: Transformative Ownership that Works."
- Jerry Tinianow, chief sustainability officer, for the City of Denver, Colorado, works on ensuring that critical resources, including water and affordable power, are available and affordable to everyone, now and in the future. At The SRI Conference, Tinianow will help lead the session: "Sustainable Cities: Incubators for Globally Competitive Businesses."
- Doug Arent is Executive Director of the Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analysis at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado. Arent specializes in strategic planning and financial analysis competencies; clean energy technologies and energy and water issues; and international and governmental policies. At The SRI Conference, Arent will join a discussion called "Hydrofracking 2013: Ongoing Challenges & Emerging Issues for Investors."
- Woody Tasch, founder and chairman of Boulder-based nonprofit Slow Money, works to catalyze the flow of investment capital to small food enterprises and to promote new principles of fiduciary responsibility to support sustainable agriculture and the emergence of a restorative economy. Tasch is chairman emeritus of Investors' Circle. Previously, Tasch was treasurer of the Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation. At The SRI Conference, he will help lead a discussion on impact investing, "Highlighting Innovations in Impact Investing."
- Elise Jones' first term as a Boulder County Commissioner began in January, 2013. She has lived in Boulder County for 15 years where she has been an important environmental advocate and active community member. Prior to her election as commissioner, Jones served as Executive Director for the Colorado Environmental Coalition for 13 years where she worked to protect local ecosystems and open spaces, pushed for sustainable transportation and promoted positive state legislation, among many other accomplishments. At The SRI Conference, she will join Doug Arent on the "Hydrofracking 2013" panel.
First Affirmative President Steve Schueth, producer of The SRI Conference, said: "It gives me great pleasure to welcome such an accomplished group of local professionals from Colorado to The SRI Conference and to introduce them to the larger Sustainable, Responsible, Impact investment industry. We take great pride in having a terrific group of top business leaders from Colorado as presenters at the longest-running annual gathering of responsible investors and investment professionals in the U.S."
About The SRI Conference
The SRI Conference (http://www.SRIconference.com), the leading North American forum for investors and investment professionals involved in Sustainable, Responsible, Impact (SRI) investing, will be October 28-30, 2013 at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado (http://www.broadmoor.com/). For more information about the conference or about supporting the conference as a sponsor, please contact Krystala Kalil, at 888-774-2663 or Krystala@SRIconference.com.
About First Affirmative Financial Network
First Affirmative Financial Network, LLC (http://www.firstaffirmative.com) is an independent Registered Investment Advisor (SEC File #801-56587) offering investment consulting and asset management services through a nationwide network of investment professionals who specialize in serving socially conscious investors. First Affirmative produces The SRI Conference (http://www.SRIconference.com). Mention of specific companies or securities in this news release should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell that security. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
SOURCE First Affirmative Financial Network, Colorado Springs, CO