|By PR Newswire||
|October 17, 2013 06:22 PM EDT||
HOUSTON, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Houston Business-Education Coalition (HBEC) is pleased to announce that it has endorsed Neeta Sane in the District VII Houston Community College Election.
HBEC Chair Jonathan Day announced the endorsement, and said: "Neeta has been a hardworking member of the HCC Board for the past six years. She has served as Vice-Chair of the Board, headed several major committees and has been a supporter of progressive educational policies at HCC. Her background in science and technology gives her insight into the STEM needs of our community and Sane has used this background in successfully advocating for the adoption of policies designed to encourage educational success for the diverse population of students who attend HCC. HBEC is grateful for her past service to our community, and we are persuaded she will be an excellent board member in the coming term."
HBEC is comprised of business and professional leaders who are vitally interested in the quality of the leadership on the HISD Board. Members of the HBEC PAC are:
- Lanesha Anderson - Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, ABM
- Jonathan Day - Of Counsel, Andrews Kurth LLP
- Richard Figueroa - Vice President and Senior Financial Advisor, UBS Services
- Michael Griffin - Partner, Silver Oak Financial Group
- Larry Kellner - President, Emerald Creek Group
- Steven Mach - Vice President of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Mach Group
- Ramon Manning - CEO, Partners Energy Group
- Sherea McKenzie - Executive Director, Office of Commissioner El Franco Lee
- Kendall Miller - President, Tanglewood Corporation
- Gasper Mir - Principal, MFR P.C.
- Rod Paige - Former Secretary of Education & Former Superintendent of HISD
- Gracie Saenz - Partner, Saenz & Burkhardt PLLC
- Richard Schechter - Law Office of Richard Schechter
- Douglas M. Selman - Exxon Chemical (Retired)
- Michael Trevino - Reputation Management Associates
- Lori Vetters - Regional Commercial Executive, HSBC Bank
- Dick Weekley - Chairman, Weekley Development Company
- Welcome Wilson, Sr. - GSL Industrial
- Jim Windham - Windham Capital Advisory
- Don Woo - Mission Constructors
- Lee Zieben - President, Affordable Housing Group
About Neeta Sane:
Neeta Sane is an entrepreneur who, in conjunction with her husband, owns both a management consulting firm as well as a software development firm. Her IT skills include designing and developing web-based applications. Prior to her career in software development and management, she spent two years working with the chemical research group at UH-Clear Lake and Center for Research and Parallel Computing-Rice University, carrying out computational research on bio-molecules and publishing the results in scientific journals.
Sane is also committed to our community. She was Honorary Co-Chair in 2013 of Citizenship Month for the City of Houston, served as Vice President for Youth Outreach of the Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, and as a board member of the National Diversity Council, the Alief Super Neighborhood Council #25, and Missouri City TIRZ #3. Neeta was the Founder and serves as President of the HCC-ASPIRE Scholarship Program, and the Fort Bend YMCA. Sane was Founder & Past President of the International Festival of Fort Bend County, a member of the Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce - Education Division, and a past member of the Stafford Municipal School District - Vision and Planning - College and Career Readiness.
Neeta has been honored by being a recipient of the 2013 Greater Houston Service Award from Volunteer Houston, the 2012 Leadership Award from the Asia Houston Network, the 2010 Minority Achievers Award from the YMCA, the 2010 Community Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the Asian Chamber of Commerce and the 2009 DiversityFirst Award from the Texas Diversity Council.
Sane has an MS in Chemistry from the University of Houston-Clear Lake and in 2007 earned her MBA (with a concentration in Accounting and Finance) through on-line work with the Florida Institute of Technology.
About Houston Business-Education Coalition PAC
HBEC is committed to supporting candidates for HCC board positions who demonstrate the leadership to improve HCC's student academic performance and career readiness outcomes. HBEC is also committed to creating support in the community for HCC.
Jonathan Day, Chair, HBEC
SOURCE Houston Business-Education Coalition