|By JCN Newswire||
|October 21, 2013 02:40 AM EDT||
Fujisawa SST, announced first in May 2011, is a project aiming to build a sustainable smart town on the roughly 19-hectare vacant lot of Panasonic's former factory site in Fujisawa City, about 50 km west of Tokyo. Construction of homes already started September this year in the blocks designated for single-family detached homes. The town is scheduled to open in the spring of 2014. With a 100-year vision for the lifestyles for the 1,000 households in the town, the project will foster a community that develops sustainably through the introduction of new services and technologies.
The Fujisawa SST Council is comprised of 17 business organizations and one welfare corporation. Working with advisors, including Fujisawa City, the members carry out efforts to build an environmentally-conscious town, towards opening the Fujisawa SST in the spring of 2014. The council was set up in October 2012 with the following members: Panasonic Corporation, Accenture, Dentsu Inc., Mitsui Fudosan Group (Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., Mitsui Fudosan Residential Co., Ltd.), Mitsui & Co., Ltd., Nihon Sekkei, Inc., Nippon Telegraph and Telephone East Corporation, ORIX Corporation, PanaHome Corporation, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited and Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd.
The new council members include Ain Pharmaciez Inc., Gakken Cocofump Holdings Co., Ltd., The Social Welfare Corporation Nagaoka, Sohgo Security Services Co., Ltd., SO-TWO INC. and Sunautas Co., Ltd. Their responsibilities and plans are described
Operating Partners for Facilities
(1) Commercial Facilities SO-TWO. INC., the developer of DAIKANYAMA T-SITE in Daikanyama, Tokyo, is the operating partner responsible for the commercial facilities. DAIKANYAMA T-SITE is a commercial complex offering new lifestyles for adults. In the Fujisawa SST project, SO-TWO will develop "SHONAN T-SITE" in collaboration with Culture Convenience Club Co., Ltd., a planning company which was SO-TWO's partner for the Daikanyama project. "SHONAN T-SITE" will be a source of exciting, smart lifestyles in the Shonan area, where the Fujisawa SST is located, that satisfy people's various curiosities.
With books and magazines serving as an introduction to the culture of Fujisawa SST, richer lifestyles will be offered to visitors. Also, a cozy community space will be created by locating cafes in the center as a communication spot.
1) New commercial space offering material and experiences With the "magazine street" lined with a whole range of magazines that mirror the times in the center, the "lifestyle zone" catering for various scenes in daily life will be laid out in an adjacent area.
2) Lifestyle proposals centering around books and food Focusing on books that satisfy people's intellectual curiosity and foods offered by cafes and restaurants, commercial facilities offering lifestyles that meet the needs of the residents and community will be developed.
3) Offering lifestyle-oriented home appliances
4) Environmental designing appropriate for life in the smart town
5) Contribution to the local community in cooperation with Fujisawa SST Management Company (through a service center tentatively called Fujisawa SST SITE)
Conceptual Images of Commercial Facilities
Conceptual Images of Lifestyle Zones/Magazine Street (from DAIKANYAMA T-SITE)
(2) Health, Welfare and Education Facilities In order to seamlessly provide nursing, medical, child care support and educational services, as well as realizing a town where each and every resident, young and old alike, can live a healthy life, an integrated service center, tentatively called Well SITE, will be developed. The center will offer the latest health, welfare and educational services in connection with such specialized facilities as a child care center, tutoring school, special nursing home for the elderly, elderly housing with services, clinic mall and pharmacy. Gakken Cocofump Holdings Co., Ltd., the Social Welfare Corporation Nagaoka and Ain Pharmaciez Inc. have been selected as partners in light of their progressive approach in their respective fields.
1) Provision of "comprehensive community care services" through the establishment of a network across different business sectors Through the provision of medical and nursing insurance services required in the community, and the establishment of a network that connects relevant medical, nursing and care services, reliable, comprehensive community care services will be provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
2) Provision of child care and child nursing and education services A child care support facility will be built on the premises to eliminate the issue of childcare waiting lists as well as running a project that motivates children to learn and complements school education.
3) Support for developing the community as a center for local interaction There will be a space for people of different generations can gather, and events that allow them to engage with each other will be planned and implemented.
4) Promotion of health-related information management using ICT Provision of accurate services will be targeted through the centralization of the health-related information of the residents using Panasonic's information and communication technology.
Conceptual Image of Health/Welfare/Education Facilities
- Elderly housing with services (70 houses)
- Nursery school (60 children)
- Special elderly nursing home (100 beds)
- Short stay (18 beds)
- Clinic mall
- Tutoring school
- RC structure (partial timber structure)
- Total floor space: Approx. 10,000 m 2
- Scheduled to start operation in 2015
Town Services Fujisawa SST will provide security services, based on the latest security systems, and mobility services that support the comfortable living of the residents and contribute to the development of the town. Sohgo Security Services Co., Ltd. and Sunautas Co., Ltd. were selected to provide these services as a security partner and as a mobility service partner, respectively.
(1) Security Services
Fujisawa SST will ensure safe and secure living in the town through a "virtual gated town," an invisible barrier consisting of cameras and security lighting that watches and protects residents and keeps intruders in check without enclosing the town with physical barriers such as fences or gates. Such security services realize an open town, while eliminating blind spots.
1) Intruder prevention by limiting the number of gateways to the town.
2) Industry's first camera and lighting-based security system with approx. 50 security cameras and lighting.
3) Tight home security with intruder and fire detection and emergency systems.
4) Security patrol by "security concierges" 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
(2) Mobility Service
Fujisawa SST will offer an entirely new "total mobility service" that proposes and provides various services in a comprehensive manner.
1) Sharing services for electric cars and electric assisted bicycles and rental car deliveries that can be combined and designed to suit the needs of the users.
2) Electric vehicles and vehicle-to-home (V2H) charging outlets at the central meeting place, tentatively called "Committee SITE," as an emergency power source. 3) A battery sharing business will be promoted to eliminate the trouble of recharging batteries and worries about battery levels, with battery switching stations to be set up in a wider area around Fujisawa SST.
The Fujisawa SST Management Company, a town management company to manage and provide the sustainable and smart services throughout the entire town, will support activities of the Fujisawa SST Committee, the residents' self-governing organization, helping the town develop sustainably for 100 years.
Five "Fujisawa Model" Services
(1) Fujisawa Energy Managing local energy generation for self-creation and self-consumption of energy, using a hybrid of natural energy and advanced technologies, including energy-creation, energy-storage, and energy-saving technologies.
(2) Fujisawa Security Realizing a new security service called the "virtual gated town" where lighting, sensors and cameras are combined to ensure safe and secure living.
(3) Fujisawa Mobility Providing "total mobility" lifestyles that enable non-driving residents to become more active, and drivers to become more eco-friendly.
(4) Fujisawa Healthcare Providing lifestyles that help residents to naturally improve their health and beauty in their daily lives.
(5) Fujisawa Community Providing necessary information via a one-stop portal site to support community life, enabling residents to join human networks and enjoy a strong connection with the community.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates over 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.30 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2013. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/ .
Tokyo Public Relations Office Panasonic Corporation Tel:+81-3-3574-5664 Fax:+81-3-3574-5699
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net