|By PR Newswire||
|October 22, 2013 11:31 AM EDT||
FROME, United Kingdom, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sartori Cheese is proud to announce that SarVecchio Parmesan has been awarded a Gold Medal at the 2013 Global Cheese Awards. The competition hosted in Somerset, United Kingdom boasted hundreds of entries from countries across the globe.
The internationally award-winning SarVecchio Parmesan is a 20 month old cheese that starts with a subtle fruity note and finishes with a caramelized parmesan flavor that blossoms on the palate. In addition to its acclaimed taste, SarVecchio has a number of wonderful health benefits. In fact, one ounce of SarVecchio Parmesan contains 100 delicious calories packed with these nutritious benefits:
- More protein than red meat (an astounding 9 grams)
- Careful aging permits proteins to break down into their most base forms – allowing the body to metabolize and convert to energy very quickly
- 33% of the recommended daily allowance for calcium
- 20% of the recommended daily allowance for phosphorous
- Builds strong bones and teeth and prevents osteoporosis
- Vitamins B12 (11% RDA) and B2 (8% RDA)
- These vitamins help the body convert food into energy, and help maintain healthy skin, hair, eyes, liver and a functional nervous system
- Certified Free of the rBST hormone
"With the Artisan Cheese Movement quickly rising in popularity in the United States and abroad, a new focus on the health benefits of aged cheese has been brought into the spotlight," says Pat Mugan, Sartori Vice President of Research and Development. "It is great to see that competitions are beginning to recognize the incredible health benefits of an artisan cheese like our SarVecchio Parmesan."
In addition to the Gold Medal finish of SarVecchio Parmesan, Sartori took two silver medals with their Limited Edition Pastorale Blend® and Limited Edition Extra-Aged Goat Cheese.
Sartori has been producing artisan and premium cheese for seven decades for Specialty, Retail, Ingredient, Restaurant and Food Service markets. Based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, Sartori has an impressive array of award winning cheese noted for innovative approaches and consistent top quality across their entire line. For more information, please visit www.sartoricheese.com or call us directly at 920-449-7904.