|By Business Wire||
|October 23, 2013 06:00 AM EDT||
StudentAdvisor.com announced the annual “Top 100 Social Media Colleges” rankings, which showcase the best social media practices at US colleges and universities.
The schools in the Top 100 are reinventing the possibilities of social media engagement. Their social media practices are establishing a new standard for opening up communication channels among prospective students, existing students, and alumni.
“These innovative schools use social media to give students insight into their culture, personality, and DNA,” says Dean Tsouvalas, Editor-in-Chief of StudentAdvisor.com. “This is beneficial for students to determine the right fit beyond college rankings and marketing speak.”
StudentAdvisor is committed to empowering students of all ages make informed decisions about their education. Accessing social media communities and student-generated content can provide great insights to prospective students, just like campus tours and conducting informational interviews.
Top 10 Rankings:
1. Harvard University (No Change)
2. Stanford University (Up 3)
3. Johns Hopkins University (Down 1)
4. Yale University (Up 11)
5. Duke University (Up 39)
6. Princeton University (Up 10)
7. Full Sail University (Up 12)
8. University of Oregon (Up 3)
9. Ohio State University (Down 3)
10. Louisiana State University (Down 2)
Duke University (#5) broke into the Top 10 for the first time partly due to their 30-second commercial created entirely from crowd sourced social media. Full Sail University (#7) also landed in the Top 10 for the first time thanks to their celebrity alumni Facebook chats.
Debuting on the Top 100 list, University of South Florida (#45) created a 270% increase in followers due to its Pinterest page. Other newcomers include Georgia Institute of Technology (#52), University of Missouri (#54), Roger Williams University (#62), University of Chicago (#76), University of Pennsylvania (#78), Brigham Young University (#90), University of Houston (#93), and University of Wisconsin (#100).
For the complete list, please visit http://www.studentadvisor.com/top-100-social-media-colleges.
StudentAdvisor.com tracks thousands of colleges and universities on more than 100,000 data points in a statistically significant study to determine their respective social media uses. Data tracked focuses on social media engagement across platforms and innovative applications.
StudentAdvisor.com offers valuable resources to empower students of all ages to succeed in their educational and career journey. Free tools and resources offered by StudentAdvisor include:
- ScholarshipAdvisor – a web and mobile application to search, bookmark and share thousands of scholarship listings, helping students save money on their education: www.scholarshipadvisor.com.
- MOOCAdvisor – a comprehensive portal that enables students to learn about, locate, choose, review and share experiences about MOOCs – free online courses from a variety of providers. Articles, interviews with thought leaders and lists make discovering a MOOC easy, helping students take advantage of this innovation in higher education: www.moocadvisor.com.
StudentAdvisor is part of the Washington Post Company and Kaplan Higher Education Group. Kaplan Higher Education Group is part of Kaplan, Inc., a leader in education innovation serving individuals, schools and businesses. StudentAdvisor is a proud member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
STUDENTADVISOR.COM Social Media Communities:
Top 100 Social Media Schools: http://www.studentadvisor.com/top-100-social-media-colleges
Google Plus: http://bit.ly/HcVSYC