|By Business Wire||
|December 2, 2013 07:01 AM EST||
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), one of the nation’s largest booksellers and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced “steals and deals” for online holiday shoppers on Cyber Monday (www.bn.com/cybermonday), including unbelievable specials on NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight and NOOK Simple Touch. These exclusive NOOK® offers are available online at bn.com/nook on Monday, December 2, while supplies last.
- NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight Available for Just $49: At just $49, NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight is an unbeatable value for customers seeking an unparalleled, pure reading experience that goes from beach to bed, day or night. With Barnes & Noble’s innovative lighting technology, NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight shines uniformly across the display and adjusts with just a touch, so customers can control the amount of light illuminating their device, whether in a dimly lit or pitch dark room. NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight provides access to Barnes & Noble’s expansive NOOK Store® featuring more than 3 million books, magazines and newspapers, and can hold up to 1,000 NOOK Books® and more content using expandable memory.
- Offer Extended: NOOK Simple Touch Still Available for Only $39: The top-rated NOOK Simple Touch eReader is still available for just $39 through Cyber Monday, making it a must-have deal this holiday season for anyone who loves to read, with access to more than 3 million books in the NOOK Store®.
- Spectacular Savings on NOOK Books®: Customers can save 60 to 80% on bestselling and fan-favorite NOOK Books including The Great Santini by Pat Conroy, The Color Purple by Alice Walker, and thousands more. Customers may shop the entire collection at www.nook.com/openroadmedia.
- NOOK Comics: First installments of DC Comics’ fan-favorite New 52 graphic novels are available for only $4.99 each. Visit www.bn.com/dccomics for more details.
- NOOK Accessories: All stylish and functional covers for the NOOK HD tablet are available for just $25 online only on December 2. Customers can also enjoy a 50% discount on the Power Kit for the NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ tablets. In addition, the HDTV Adapter Kit for NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ is available for only $29.95, a $10 savings.
Exclusive Offer with Download of Free NOOK Reading App™:
First-time NOOK customers who download any Free NOOK Reading App
will receive a free NOOK Book, Twas the Night Before Christmas,
along with a selection of exciting sample content and magazine titles.
Other exciting BN.com Cyber Monday online specials include:
- The Best Educational Toys & Games: Shoppers who visit BN.com will get an incredible “buy one get one 50 percent off” deal on any educational toy or game.*
*Excludes Lego Mindstorms EV3 and LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Kids’ Learning Tablet in stores. Other exclusions apply online. Visit www.bn.com/toys for more details.
- Bestselling and Classic Books: Customers can get 50 percent off select popular titles including John Grisham’s Sycamore Row, Charles Krauthammer’s Things That Matter, and Janet Evanovich’s Takedown Twenty, among others. In addition, all Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions are offered as a “buy one get one for only $10” deal. Customers can choose from classic titles like The Art of War and Other Classics of Eastern Thought, Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales, and The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe and more.
- Kids & Teens Books: BN.com customers can get 50 percent off select titles for kids of all ages from toddlers to teens. The Cyber Monday selection includes Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey by Emily Winfield Martin, Wonder by R. J. Palacio, The Eye of Minds by James Dashner, and other popular titles.
- DVD and Blu-ray Titles: Shoppers can get up to 70 percent off select DVD and Blu-ray bestsellers and new releases online and in stores, including House of Cards, Star Trek Into Darkness, Skyfall, Despicable Me, and many more.
- Home & Gift: Shoppers can save 30% off Barnes & Noble’s entire new line of exclusive limited-edition, 100% cotton throws including “Bah Humbug” featuring lines from A Christmas Carol. In addition, customers can enjoy an incredible “buy two get one free” offer on all Moleskine products.
- Special Gift Card Offer: Any customer who visits a Barnes & Noble store or BN.com on Black Friday, November 29, through Cyber Monday, December 2, will get a free $10 Barnes & Noble Gift Card* with every $75 Barnes & Noble Gift Card purchase.
*Free $10 promotional Barnes & Noble Gift Card can be redeemed starting December 26.
Additional offers available to customers on Cyber Monday include:
- Magazine Subscriptions: Receive $5 off select print newsstand titles on BN.com through December 25.
- Boxed Calendars: Get 50 percent off select boxed calendars.
Customers can also experience the newly announced NOOK GlowLight™, Barnes & Noble’s lightest eReader yet, at NOOK.com or the NOOK Digital Shops™ and displays in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores nationwide. NOOK GlowLight features a fresh, contemporary design, sharper text, perfectly lit pages and instant access to Barnes & Noble’s massive selection of more than 3 million titles. Perfect for anyone who wants a pure, distraction-free reading experience, Barnes & Noble’s new NOOK GlowLight is ad-free and available at a great value of just $119. Barnes & Noble Members can save an additional 10 percent on the new NOOK GlowLight with their Membership cards through December 31. Barnes & Noble offers Always Free NOOK Support in all of its neighborhood bookstores, with more than 40,000 booksellers across the country ready to assist customers with setting up their NOOK devices or choosing their next great read.
All orders over $25 qualify for free shipping and, as always, Barnes & Noble Members enjoy free express shipping on all BN.com orders. For more information, visit www.bn.com/cybermonday.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 673 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store® (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 695 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
NOOK®, NOOK Store®, NOOK Video™, and NOOK Video Apps™ are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Other trademarks referenced in this release are the property of their respective owners.
About NOOK Media LLC
NOOK reading and entertainment products make it easy to Read What You Love, Anywhere You Like™ with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to the expansive NOOK Store® of more than 3 million (US) and 2.5 million (UK) digital books, plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ and NOOK Video Apps™, available at www.nook.com/freenookapps. NOOK owners receive Always Free NOOK Support in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.nook.com, as well as leading retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many others. NOOK products are available in the United Kingdom at leading retailers; NOOK content can be purchased at www.nook.co.uk.