|By Business Wire||
|December 2, 2013 08:30 AM EST||
The Government IT Forum—the co-located conference of five events covering cloud and virtualization, cybersecurity, mobile government, big data and business intelligence and records and information management—will take place tomorrow, Tuesday, December 3 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
“The Government IT Forum is a single jam-packed day giving attendees many opportunities to engage with their peers and thought leaders in the federal IT environment,” said David Myers, Event Director, Public Sector Events, 1105 Media, Inc. “Not only are we excited to offer traditional conference elements – like a morning keynote and training sessions – but we’re also looking forward to the idea sharing, brainstorming and learning from peers that happens during the technology roundtables and interactive networking reception.”
The Technology Roundtables will take place during lunch on Tuesday, December 3 and will feature topics relevant to big data, cloud, cyber, mobile and records and information management issues. There will be more than 30 topics for attendees to choose from, including:
- Big Data and Business Intelligence - Analysts and Security Data
- Continuous Monitoring and Compliance (CDM)
- Cybersecurity- Privileged Identity Management
- Facilitating Open Gov through APIs - Securely Expose Public Data
- Mobility in Government – How to Support Both Future First and BYOD Initiatives
- Network Virtualization to Meet Unique Mission Needs
- Public vs. Private Cloud in Federal Government
- Software Defined Data Centers and the Federal Cloud First Mandate
- Using Predictive Modeling for Fraud Mitigation
Tomorrow’s conference will also include Spotlight Sessions in the exhibit hall, more than 15 breakout sessions and an opening keynote panel. The opening keynote will address the need for technology policy changes in the government and will explore how to achieve results. Speakers for the panel include:
- Moderator: Mark Forman, Chief Executive Officer, Government Transaction Services
- Paul Brubaker, Director, Planning and Performance Management, Department of Defense
- Mark Day, Director, Office of Strategic Programs, Integrated Technology Services, Federal Acquisition Service, General Services Administration
- Keith Trippie, Executive Director, Enterprise Development Office, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Department of Homeland Security (invited)
Conference keynote, tracks and technology roundtable sessions* are open to all registered attendees. All sessions are free to government attendees. For more information and to access the full program agenda, visit www.govitforum.com or download the Government IT Forum Mobile App.
*Lunch during the Technology Roundtables in on a first-come, first-served basis.
About 1105 Media Public Sector Events Group
1105 Media Public Sector Events Group, a division of 1105 Media, Inc., is the leading producer of exhibitions, conference and executive events for the education, government and defense information technology industry, as well as the private sector enterprise technology market. www.1105media.com