|By Business Wire||
|December 2, 2013 05:39 PM EST||
Scrum is a popular project management methodology that was initially developed for software development projects but is now used across industries for all kinds of projects. Organizations such as Apple, Google, GE successfully use Scrum to manage projects and deliver world-class products and services to clients.
SCRUMstudy, which is the global body for Scrum and Agile certifications, has constantly endeavoured to increase awareness about the Scrum way of managing projects. They released the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™), which is a comprehensive guide and an industry standard in delivering projects using Scrum. The SBOK™ framework helps standardize how Scrum is applied across organizations globally, and significantly helps to improve the return on investment for companies that use this framework to deliver projects.
In their tireless approach to increase Scrum awareness, SCRUMstudy also launched the Introduction to Scrum course in October. The initiative generated immediate interest with over 10,000 members signing up within the first month. What worked for the course was word-of-mouth publicity. More than 80% of members have rated the course “excellent” or “very good” in the automated feedback system which is integrated with the course. Almost all of them recommended the course to others.
SCRUMstudy has a global REP (Registered Education Provider) program through which it offers partnership opportunities to individuals, companies, training providers and even universities and colleges. SCRUMstudy partners get the unique opportunity to offer the following certifications to professionals who want to take the next step in their careers and become certified Scrum practitioners, masters and experts:
1. Scrum Developer Certified: SDC™ is an entry-level certification for Scrum Team members and those who interact with any Scrum Team.
2. Scrum Master Certified: SMC™ professionals have a practical, working knowledge of Scrum that equips them to implement and work in a Scrum environment.
3. Agile Expert Certified: Agile Expert Certified (AEC™) professionals possess a wide-ranging knowledge and understanding of the values, methods and intricacies of Agile.
4. Scrum Product Owner Certified: The Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certification exam is designed to confirm the applicant’s practical and working knowledge of Scrum that equips them to handle the business aspects and stakeholders in a Scrum environment.
5. Expert Scrum Master: ESM certification is the next step for Scrum practitioners to further demonstrate their expertise in Scrum methodology.