|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2013 12:53 PM EST||
CYPRESS, Calif., Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported November sales of 6,071, up 69.9 percent compared to November 2012.
The U.S.-built Outlander Sport led the way with 2,059 units sold, an increase of 35.5 percent for the month compared to prior year sales.
Sales of the all-new 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander were 1,399 units, a year-over-year gain of 139.0 percent.
The all-new Mitsubishi Mirage had 1,052 units sold in the vehicle's first full month of sales.
"This marked MMNA's best November sales since 2007," said MMNA President & CEO Yoichi Yokozawa. "Sales of our Outlander and Outlander Sport—'American's Safest CUV Line-up'—continue to anchor our growth, and we are finding tremendous consumer acceptance of the all-new 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage 5-door sub-compact—the most fuel-efficient gasoline-powered, non-hybrid vehicle in America."
The Mitsubishi Mirage was recently named "Best Sub-Compact Car 2014" by the Hispanic Motor Press Awards.
Yokozawa added, "We are looking forward to continuing on upward momentum in December. We will have increased national television advertising exposure this month and visitors to Mitsubishi dealerships will find attractive incentives on all of our core models."
Highlights of November sales:
- Outlander Sport sales were up 35.5 percent for the month and are up 38.4 percent year-to-date.
- Outlander sales were up 139 percent for the month and 54.6 percent year-to-date.
- Lancer sales are were up 41.1 percent in November and are up 23.4 percent year-to-date.
- Lancer Evolution sales increased 35.9 percent in November and are up 3.7 percent year-to-date.
- Lancer Sportback sales are up 3.6 percent year-to-date.
- Sales of the all-electric Mitsubishi i-MiEV are up 99.2 percent year-to-date.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, sales, marketing, research and development operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells sedans and crossovers/SUVs through a network of approximately 400 dealers. MMNA is leading the way in the development of highly-efficient, affordably-priced new gasoline-powered automobiles while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery electric vehicles to develop future EV and PHEV models. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors