|By Business Wire||
|December 5, 2013 01:08 PM EST||
Plantronics (NYSE:PLT) is excited to announce that its latest gaming product, RIG™ System, works with Sony’s new video game console, PlayStation® 4. Plantronics RIG Gaming System has been designed from the ground up for players looking for superior game audio and crystal clear chat, while keeping them connected to their smartphone music, notifications, apps and calls. With RIG, gamers can even keep their head in the game and answer the phone without hitting pause, with a one-touch toggle.
- Precision stereo headset offering exceptional audio quality traditionally only found in professional-grade products.
- An innovative mixer – the heart of the RIG system – seamlessly connects the virtual world and the real world. Find the perfect mix of game audio, voice chat and smartphone audio with twin sliders, and take a call with one touch.
- Interchangeable mics – the noise-cancelling boom blocks background noise for clear communication, and can be swapped out for the inline mic with mute and call control for music, chat or gaming on the go.
- Three EQ profiles – Pure, Intensify and Seismic – to let you feel the game and boost your music.
- Offering universal compatibility with PC/Mac, Xbox 360®, PS4™, PS3™, smartphones and tablets, RIG elegantly moves between computers, consoles and mobile devices without missing a beat.
To enjoy the RIG System’s epic audio and killer multitasking features with your PS4™, just plug RIG into the console’s Optical port*. In the Audio Output Settings select Optical Output with the default Linear setting for game sound. Then make sure Headphones Output is selected and set to Chat Audio, and plug the RIG USB cable into the PS4 for multiplayer chat. More detailed setup instructions can be found on the Plantronics RIG website: PS4 Setup.
Pricing and Availability
RIG is now available worldwide for a suggested price of $129.99 USD, $149.99 CDN, €129.99 EUR, £109.99 GBP, $149.99 AUD, and $179.95 NZD. For more PS4 set up and use information, please visit www.plantronics.com/RIG.
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communication to Bluetooth® headsets to gaming solutions, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100™, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and various mission critical applications for those on the frontline. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com or call (800) 544-4660.
*Optical cable not included with RIG System.
Plantronics and RIG are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.