|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2013 06:40 AM EST||
STUTTGART, Germany, December 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- DEKRA in top 100 ranking of Germany's biggest employers
- Around 10,000 new employees hired in past 5 years
- Revenues increase by roughly 6% to €2.3 billion in 2013
- Success with vehicle inspections and expert appraisals
- High growth momentum in non-destructive material testing and in equipment and process safety
- International position strengthened through strategic acquisitions
DEKRA creates jobs: the international expert organisation exceeded the 30,000 employees mark for the first time this year with growth of more than 3,000 employees. This puts DEKRA in 70th place among the 100 biggest employers in Germany. By comparison, at the end of 2012 the headcount was 28,340. Over the past five years, the number of employees has risen by around 10,000 to its current level of more than 30,000 employees worldwide. Almost half of the employees (44%) now work for DEKRA outside Germany. DEKRA's revenues are also increasing significantly: group-wide revenues are expected to climb by around 6% to approximately €2.3 billion in 2013.
"DEKRA has performed very strongly in its core business units and simultaneously benefited from the momentum in newer business units," DEKRA CEO Stefan Kölbl told journalists in Stuttgart on Thursday. Furthermore, DEKRA has expanded its international activities as planned. For example, the global market leader in vehicle inspections has strengthened its top position by acquiring a majority stake in New Zealand's leading provider, Vehicle Testing New Zealand (VTNZ). Meanwhile, the acquisition of Raysonics in South Africa has improved its global positioning in the fast-growing segment of non-destructive material testing.
Full version of the press release on http://www.dekra.de/en/pressemitteilungen
Dr Torsten Knödler
SOURCE DEKRA SE