|By Business Wire||
|December 6, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ:MENT), a leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, and SiliconIndia today announced the 2013 Leadership Awards for the Embedded/VLSI Industry. Started in 2010, the SiliconIndia - Mentor Graphics® Leadership Awards for the Embedded/VLSI Industry is a one-of-a-kind annual awards program, facilitating the best in the VLSI/Embedded industry. In its fourth year, these awards recognize the contribution of various companies/individuals in driving the semiconductor industry. The best in the VLSI/embedded software industry were honored.
The winners of these prestigious awards were chosen by a panel of judges consisting of eminent business leaders: Sanjay Nayak, CEO & MD,Tejas Networks; Krishna Moorthy K, MD - India Design Center, Rambus Chip Technologies; Santhanakrishnan Raman, Managing Director, LSI India R & D; Guru Ganesan, President & MD, ARM-India Operations; Dr. S. Jabez Dhinagar, VP - Advanced Engineering Group, TVS Motors; and Sunil Thamaran, Managing Director-Cypress India.
The winners for this year, by category, are:
- Best VLSI/ Embedded Design – Automotive:
- Best VLSI/ Embedded Design – Consumer Electronics:
- Best VLSI/ Embedded Design – Defense/Aerospace:
- Best VLSI/ Embedded Design – Telecom/Networking:
- Best VLSI/ Embedded Design Company from the Sub-Continent:
- Best Electronic System Design Company – Multinational:
- Best Electronic System Design Company – Startup:
- Award for Youngest Entrepreneur in Semiconductor Space:
Nidhir Kumar, CEO & Founder, Krivi Semiconductors; and
Nirmlaya Ghosh, CEO, DxCorr Design Inc.;
- Outstanding Contribution to VLSI/ Embedded Design Industry – Corporate:
- Outstanding Contribution to VLSI/ Embedded Design Industry – Academic Institution:
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Technology; and
Jain Group of Institutions;
- Outstanding Contribution to VLSI/ Embedded Design Industry – Individual:
PVG Menon, Indian Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA);
- Engineers’ Choice Awards for VLSI/Semiconductor Space:
Srini Rajam, Ittiam Systems; and
Ganapathy Subramaniam, Cireel Systems
“These award-winners showcase India’s rich resource of electronic design talent,” said Walden C. Rhines, CEO and chairman, Mentor Graphics. “This talent, combined with a spirit of innovation and a strong entrepreneurial drive, is what makes India an exciting place for the electronic information future,” said Walden C. Rhines, CEO and Chairman, Mentor Graphics.
Pradeep Shankar, CEO, SiliconIndia added, “The awards that we have instituted along with Mentor Graphics are one more step in our endeavor to strengthen the ecosystem. We have expanded and acknowledged the contribution of individuals and companies in 12 different categories.”
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronic, semiconductor and systems companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues in the last fiscal year of nearly $1,090 million. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. World Wide Web site: http://www.mentor.com/.
(Mentor Graphics is a registered trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.)