|By PR Newswire||
|December 9, 2013 10:15 AM EST||
CHERRY HILL, N.J., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, today announced the winners of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives through its eighth annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition.
The "Housing for Everyone" competition, the TD Charitable Foundation's signature program to bolster affordable housing efforts, invited non-profits from Maine to Florida to submit proposals outlining their plans and initiatives.
"We are proud to award 'Housing for Everyone' grants to these outstanding organizations as they continue their efforts to stabilize communities and revitalize neighborhoods, and provide housing services to their many diverse populations," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation. "Our goal is to build successful partnerships that benefit people in our communities, and the 'Housing for Everyone' grants will support the tremendous work of these non-profits as they strive to help the underserved."
This year's "Housing for Everyone" grants winners are:
- Connecticut: Mutual Housing of Greater Hartford, Inc.
- Florida: Neighborhood Housing and Development Corporation in Gainesville; Mid-Florida Housing Partnership, Inc. in Daytona Beach; Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami
- Maine: Community Housing of Maine, Inc. in Portland
- Massachusetts: Valley Community Development Corporation in Northampton; Twin Cities Community Development Corporation in Fitchburg; Lawrence Community Works, Inc. in Lawrence
- New Hampshire: NeigborWorks Greater Manchester
- New Jersey: Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc. in Orange; Garden State Episcopal Community Development in Jersey City
- New York: Women in Need, Inc, in New York; Long Island Housing Partnership, Inc. in Hauppauge; Community League of the Heights, Inc. in New York; Rural Ulster Preservation Company, Inc. in Kingston; Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation in the Bronx
- Pennsylvania: New Kensington Community Development Corporation in Philadelphia; Asociacion Puertorriquenos En Marha, Inc. in Philadelphia; Impact Services Corp. in Philadelphia; Intercommunity Action, Inc. in Philadelphia
- North Carolina: Mountain Housing Opportunities, Inc. in Asheville
- Rhode Island: Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation in Pawtucket
- South Carolina: Homes of Hope, Inc. in Greensville
- Vermont: Champlain Housing Trust in Burlington
- Washington, DC: TRF Development Partners, Inc. in Baltimore
Organizations were required to have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status and to develop or maintain affordable housing, or provide housing-related programs and services to very low-, low- and moderate-income individuals or families.
A staunch commitment to active involvement in the local community is a vital element of the TD Bank philosophy. TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® and the TD Charitable Foundation provide support to affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and environmental initiatives, many of which focus on improving the welfare of children and families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made $114.9 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation's areas of focus are affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com.
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation