|By Business Wire||
|December 10, 2013 04:11 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3qlssn/innovative) has announced the addition of the "Innovative Applications of Touch Technologies (Technical Insights)" report to their offering.
The innovations in the field of touch technology will be determined greatly by urbanization and the potential to enhance the usability of touch technology.
The market potential and adoption of touch has been significantly increasing over the past years and this trend is expected to be growing in the coming years. The research service offers insights primarily on nine dimensions of innovative applications of touch technology.
Key Findings Included:
- Touch technology has been widely adopted in consumer electronics products. Currently, this technology is used in smartphones, laptops, televisions, and tablets. Multi touch technology interfaces are making inroads into this sector and are expected to be adopted on a larger scale by 2015.
- The touch technology market is growing at a rapid pace, and this trend is expected to increase in the coming years. This trend is driven by burgeoning smartphone sales and other consumer electronics which employ this technology. The other factor fuelling this growth is the demand from new market segments. The consumer electronics segment is likely to remain the major source of revenue for the industry.
- Key industry participants, such as Apple, Samsung, HTC, and LG still dominate this market in terms of technology innovations. These market leaders (and users of touch technologies) have their production facilities in Asian countries, thereby making them the leaders in terms of capacity. Companies in the Asia Pacific region mainly concentrate on coming up with solutions for touch-based technologies.
- The patent landscape is dominated by Samsung and LG, followed by Apple. The US leads the pack with the maximum number of patents filed, followed by Korea. Companies are building a strong IP portfolio with patents related to key touch technologies. This is seen as one of the strategies employed by the companies to maintain their competitive edge.
- Private investors play an important role in funding the research and development activities of various innovations in touch technology. Currently, funding is mainly focused on developing this technology to meet the growing needs of the customer and making touch technology more feasible for integration into various consumer products.
- Touch technology has been implemented in a large number of products in the consumer electronics market. In the consumer electronics arena, there has been prolific adoption of this technology in the smartphone segment. Touch technology has also been widely adopted in laptops and tablets and is also gradually being implemented in televisions. Cross industrial adoption of this technology is also expanding.
Key Topics Covered:
Year of Impact
IP Activity - Patent Assessment
Impact on Megatrend
Breadth of Industries
Potential Points of Convergence
Size of Innovation Ecosystem
Patents and Contacts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3qlssn/innovative
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.