|By Business Wire||
|December 10, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Finnish communications service provider (CSP) DNA Ltd has extended its use of Comptel Policy Control. The operator has leveraged the company’s roaming cost control functionality to launch defined data packages for a fixed price, to enable customers to affordably use their services while abroad and to reduce their fear of experiencing ‘bill shock.’
Comptel’s solution no longer just helps DNA enforce cut-off limits in alignment with the European Union’s roaming regulations—it also allows the operator to clearly show customers how much data they are using and how much time it takes for them to spend a certain amount of money, for example, when browsing the Internet. The data roaming pass application based on Comptel Policy Control will help DNA optimise the customer experience and bring new revenue by appealing to those that want data services when abroad.
- DNA Ltd is a Finnish telecommunications group that offers high-quality, state-of-the-art voice, data and TV services. The CSP has more than three million mobile and fixed customers, and it is the leading TV operator in Finland. A Comptel customer since the late 1990s, DNA also uses the provisioning and activation and mediation products to further its business.
- Comptel was selected for this data roaming pass project, which was taken into production in June 2013, based on its positive, long-standing relationship with the CSP, its flexibility and efficient time-to-market, and the quality of its products. The solution has thus far been well received by DNA’s customers, particularly over the summer holiday season when traveling abroad was high.
- Comptel Policy Control gives CSPs the levers they need to control service supply, encourage customer demand and create profitable new business. Based on the Comptel Control and Charge platform, it offers a number of applications, including roaming cost control, addressing the reluctance of customers to use data services when travelling.
- “Our customers are at the core of our product and service innovation, and with the data roaming pass application based on Comptel Policy Control, we have been able to see this through with the launch of DNA Matkadata,” said Cedric Kamtsan, business director, DNA Ltd. “Comptel’s product has enabled us to equip our customers with the education and visibility they want and need, to understand, monitor and control their data usage. Now, they can fully enjoy their services at the budget that is best for them when travelling abroad. ”
- “Armed with Comptel Policy Control’s data roaming pass application, DNA has been able to effectively differentiate,” said Sami Ahonen, senior vice president, Europe East, Comptel. “The operator has transformed the roaming customer experience from a negative one associated with limitations and ‘bill shock’ into one where end users are empowered with data usage education and visibility. We believe that our customer is well-positioned to capitalise on this and the significant revenue opportunity that data usage while roaming presents.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s customer interaction automation solutions.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Comptel, Comptel Policy Control, roaming cost control, DNA Matkadata, policy control, DNA Ltd, DNA, Finland, communications service provider, CSP, mobile, fixed, education, European Union, EU, billing, roaming, charges, data usage, customer interaction automation, bill shock, differentiation, roaming cost control, customer experience, telecommunications, travel, abroad
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 86 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.