|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2013 12:21 PM EST||
DALLAS, TX -- (Marketwired) -- 12/10/13 -- Paragon Software Systems, Inc., the dedicated provider of vehicle routing and scheduling optimization solutions, announces that its customer, George's Chicken, has been awarded the Material Handling & Logistics magazine Innovation Award. George's was selected for its focus on food safety facilitated by Paragon Software Systems solutions for efficient routing of refrigerated products. Innovation award winners are picked by the MH&L Editorial Advisory Board from among case studies featured in the magazine during the year that showcase a culture of innovation.
"We are extremely pleased that George's Chicken has been named an Innovator by MH&L magazine for the innovative way that they use our software to meet customer service requirements and lower transportation costs," said William Salter, President and CEO, Paragon Software Systems, Inc.
"Going out to the fast food restaurants, we saved big money the first year because we took out two routes completely and filled up other trucks that were going in the same direction," said Jeff Overstreet, Director of Transportation for George's Inc. "You're talking labor, trucks, trailers, and it was easily $150,000-plus that first year. Now with the dynamic scheduling (from Paragon software) we're going through we're hoping to get that just in reduced miles annually."
Paragon provides software for planning, optimizing and managing transportation schedules on a daily basis; rationalizing fixed routes; and managing transportation resources. The Paragon software puts all of George's orders through the system and factors in Hours of Service regulations, truck weight, and distance to come up with the optimal schedule for the day. Reducing miles reduces liability when it comes to temperature.
The judges' comments about George's Chicken's implementation were:
- "Good use of proven technology."
- "Cleverly combined standard routing software with GPS technology to implement an efficient and well monitored temperature controlled delivery system"
- "These folks combine measurements of temperature, distance, travel, and dock time, and truck weight for every order to know good chicken and minimize chicken-gone-bad using their own or other truck fleets. Very impressive! The software provides knowledge of what's going on with their product throughout the entire supply chain and makes them an exemplary innovator."
- "Perishable food requires a very precise environment... George's Chicken carefully selected the most effective software and integrated it while addressing the challenges of the refrigerated trucking industry."
- "Assuring the integrity of a cold supply chain can be daunting. Again a private company makes it happen, with an employee who is completely committed."
About Paragon Software Systems:
Paragon Software Systems, Inc., based in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of truck routing and scheduling software solutions. Paragon's advanced planning systems have been proven to cut transportation costs and improve efficiency across a wide range of distribution operation types and industry sectors. Paragon's North American truck routing software clients include George's Inc., AgReliant Genetics, Linde, McLane, National Food Corporation, and many others. The software is used for the daily route optimization of transportation schedules; rationalizing fixed routes; managing transportation resources; strategic logistics planning; and managing home delivery orders with dynamic routing. Paragon Software Systems, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Paragon Software Systems plc, the UK's number one provider of transportation routing and scheduling software. Paragon has over 2,300 systems installed at more than 750 client sites in 45 countries worldwide. For more information visit www.paragonrouting.com/us.