|By Business Wire||
|December 10, 2013 01:39 PM EST||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Convergent Charging Software and Services report, which tracks charging software built to handle multiple dimensions of convergence, including convergence across payment methods, service types, and access networks, along with related consulting, integration, and managed services.
“Healthy growth in the convergent charging market continues, driven in part by a wave of replacement activity as operators swap out their first-generation charging systems for more scalable and flexible solutions that allow them to get new services and offers to the market quickly and efficiently,” reports Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
“We expect LTE rollouts to further accelerate the market over the next few years,” continues Levine. “Operators will want to capitalize on LTE’s bigger ‘pipe’ via new services and pricing models that better tie the bandwidth consumed to the price being charged.”
CONVERGENT CHARGING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Convergent charging spending is generally not occurring hand-in-hand with LTE deployments; instead, LTE is acting as an indirect driver
- M2M transactions are expected to eventually far exceed human transactions on the mobile network, and Infonetics anticipates that most operators will implement new charging stacks—rather than extending existing systems—to support this new line of business
- Over the next 12–18 months, there will be a greater emphasis on convergent charging solutions that include self-care capabilities, enabling subscribers to change plans, add bolt-ons, and monitor usage, gaining more control over their services and spending
- Infonetics forecasts the convergent charging market to reach $4.2 billion in 2017, with growth coming from an increase in licenses in emerging markets and services spending in developed markets
WEBINAR: MONETIZING SUBSCRIBER DATA
Join Shira Levine Dec. 17 for Monetizing Subscriber Data to Drive Big Revenue, a live event that looks at the innovative ways in which operators are generating revenue from subscriber data: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=721562&s=1&k=9B012C4850E9F8F52E1E76278CE6C086.
CONVERGENT CHARGING REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual convergent charging report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for convergent charging software and services, and includes a convergent charging product roadmap and strategic outlook. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Convergys, Comverse, CSG Systems, Ericsson, Hewlett-Packard, Huawei, NSN, Openet, Oracle, Orga Systems, Volubill, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics Service Enablement & Subscriber Intelligence research brief: http://bit.ly/1bEs43Y
- Infonetics projects data center and enterprise SDN market will top $3 billion by 2017
- Trend in using policy management to innovate services and pricing causing vendor shifts
- VoLTE, personalization, monetization powering momentum in subscriber data management
- NSA spygate underscores need for multi-layered security in the data center – new report
- Mobile device usage driving investment in deep packet inspection; Sandvine reclaims #1 spot
- Policy management software will pass $1 billion in 2013; key to monetization, VoLTE, SDN
- APIs playing key role in service delivery platform and M2M markets
- Vendor consolidation continues in mobile M2M module market
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
- Infonetics’ 2014 Market Research Lineup
- Analyst Note: Digital Disruption 2013: Is There Value Behind the Buzz?
- Analyst Note: Ericsson Analyst Event Provides Fodder for a Software Progress Report
- Analyst Note: SDP Summit: Is B2B the Way Forward?
- Analyst Note: SON of a Gun—Amdocs Moves into Network Optimization with Actix Buy
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Dec. 12: Attend)
- Monetizing Subscriber Data to Drive Big Revenue (Dec. 17: Attend)
- The Why and How of Integrating Policy and Charging Platforms (2014: Sponsor)
- Incorporating Policy and Charging Control into SDNs (2014: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, [email protected], +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, [email protected], +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, [email protected], +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.