|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. has awarded more than $269,000 in grants to seventeen local non-profit organizations throughout 2013. These grants provided financial support to programs that improve the health and well-being of children throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region.
"As the need for charitable giving continues to grow, Ronald McDonald House Charities is committed to the communities we serve more than ever," said Bill Roberson, president of RMHC of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. and local McDonald's Owner/Operator. "We're honored to support local charities in their efforts to better the lives of children in our region throughout the year."
The organizations that received support from RMHC of the Philadelphia Region in 2013 include:
- Brandywine Health Foundation; Coatesville, Pa.
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP); Philadelphia
- Community Partnership School; Philadelphia
- D.U.E. Season Charter School; Camden, N.J.
- Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation; Philadelphia
- Green Tree School & Services; Philadelphia
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children; Wilmington, Del.
- Olivet Boys & Girls Club; Reading, Pa.
- People's Emergency Center (PEC); Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Clef Club of Jazz & Performing Arts; Philadelphia
- Robins' Nest Inc.; Glassboro, N.J.
- Shriners Hospital for Children – Philadelphia; Philadelphia
- The Children's Home of Reading; Reading, Pa.
- The Hillside School; Macungie, Pa.
- The Philadelphia Children's Alliance; Philadelphia
- Valley Forge Educational Services; Paoli, Pa.
- Wills Eye Hospital; Philadelphia
About Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC)
RMHC of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. grants hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to support local non-profit programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children. In addition, RMHC supports four scholarship programs for high school seniors; the Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey and Delaware Ronald McDonald Houses; the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, operated by St. Christopher's Foundation for Children; and 13 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in area hospitals. The charity receives its support from McDonald's Corporation, McDonald's Owner/Operators, corporate donors and McDonald's customers. For more information, visit www.rmhcphilly.org.
Contact: Shannon Wilson
SOURCE Ronald McDonald House Charities