|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2013 12:58 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 12/11/13 -- SquareTrade®, the #1-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers, today announced the SquareTrade Promise, the industry's first bill of rights for customers. Addressing the need for transparency and accountability in the extended warranty industry, the SquareTrade Promise sets a new industry standard for what consumers should expect when they purchase a protection plan for their electronics.
"In the extended warranty industry, consumers have traditionally had little insight into the claims process and have been frustrated by loopholes, fine print, long delays and poor customer service," commented Ty Shay, CMO at SquareTrade. "The SquareTrade Promise sets a new bar for what customers should expect from a protection plan and continues our obsessive focus on customer service, which is the foundation on which SquareTrade is built."
The SquareTrade Promise:
1. To Be There When You Need Us - Every time you call SquareTrade, you'll talk with a real person who's empowered to make decisions.
2. To Make It Easy - You can file a claim whenever you want, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week -- online or over the phone.
3. To Be Fast - Your item will be fixed in five days or less after we've received it or your plan is free (guaranteed). For mobile phones, in two days or less.
4. To Let You Choose - You decide how your item gets repaired -- send it to us or take it to your local repair shop or an Apple Genius Bar®
5. To Be Transparent - We'll update you frequently throughout the claims process
6. To Keep Track of Everything For You - We keep all of your protection plans organized and accessible in one place -- no matter where you bought them.
7. You Can Cancel or Transfer Anytime - to someone else at any time, for any reason.
SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers for its fast and exceptional service. SquareTrade protects mobile devices, laptops and tablets, and other consumer electronics and appliances from malfunctions, accidental damage and life's frequent mishaps. Unlike old-fashioned warranties, SquareTrade is designed for today's consumer and uses innovative technology to deliver a zero hassle claims process. SquareTrade has more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently wins industry awards and receives thousands of 5-star reviews for its legendary customer service. Top retailers around the world offer SquareTrade, achieving significant sales growth and happier customers. Privately held, SquareTrade's investors include Bain Capital and Bain Capital Ventures. SquareTrade is headquartered in San Francisco and London. For more information, go to www.squaretrade.com
SquareTrade is a registered trademark of SquareTrade, Inc. SquareTrade is not affiliated in any way with Apple Inc. Genius Bar is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Genius Bar service is not guaranteed and only provided as an option when available, and as a reimbursement for the cost of repair.