|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2013 12:59 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The global dependence on fossil resources is causing increasing concern since it is associated with several environmental issues which contribute to global warming. There are issues related to peak oil and security of supply, as well as price instability and global equity aspects. The utilization of biochemicals in manufacturing basic building block chemicals or end-products will be one of the ways to reduce the high dependence on crude oil and to control carbon dioxide emission. This research service features various technology and market aspects of biochemicals such as the market potential, IP intensity, points of technology convergence across different clusters, impact of various megatrends and size of the innovation ecosystem.
The Technical Insights division of Frost & Sullivan evaluated market trends in the bio-based chemicals cluster, and identified key bio-based chemical trends that are likely to have an impact in key application segments during the near-, medium-, and long-terms.
Information has been provided information under the following categories, with respect to the technology under consideration:
• Overview of the bio-based chemicals industry
• Significance of the technology, and its impact on the industry
• Key drivers and challenges
• Key stakeholders
• Key developments
• Opportunity analysis for the technology
• Funding and patent trends
• Market potential
• Future Trends
• CTOs/ CEOs/ CIOs
• Technical Architects
• Research Heads
• Strategic Decision Makers
• Technology Policy Heads
• Technology Journals
• Market Research study
• Technology policy information sites
• Internal databases
• Thought Leader Briefings
Bio-based chemical industry has seen several strategic approaches over the last several years. These cover a wide gamut – catalysis, solvent free systems, alternate synthetic routes and raw materials, intensive processing and micro-reactions, to name a few.
Of these, progress has been marked in three different areas :
• Bio-based materials
• Green products/processes
Research in bio-based products has been at the tipping point of the chemical industry's attempts to seek newer growth opportunities through greener products and processes.
The key industries and application areas include :
• Automotive industry
• Pharmaceutical & Healthcare industry
• Environmental industry
• Chemical & Material Industry
• Food & Beverages Industry
• The source of the basic feedstock is an important consideration in this particular bio-based chemical industry; plants, animals and algae
• The future of the bio-based chemicals industry will be dictated by technology : Nanotechnology, Smart Materials, Organic Electronics, and Micro-reactors
Executive Summary-Overview of the Bio-based Chemicals Market
• Fossil fuels are a vital source of energy and chemical resources in the modern economy. The dependency on fossil fuel as the main raw materials for most of today's chemicals, resulting the world's crude oil reserves keep depreciating in the modern economy.
• The depreciation of fossil fuels will severely affect the chemical industry since most of today's chemicals is derived from non-renewable petrochemical resources. Thus, extensive research has been carried out by chemical manufacturers to find a promising alternative for fossil fuels, particularly from renewable feedstock materials.
The transition to a biochemical has been driven by multiple factors :
• the need to develop an economically and sustainable bio based chemicals
• the legislations and increased environmental awareness
• the wide price swings of crude oil and natural gas
• the desire to diversify the use of plants in the chemical industry
• Bio-based chemicals are defined as the basic building block chemicals which are produced from various renewable feedstock such as sugar cane, corn, maize, potatoes, wheat, rapeseeds and soy seeds. Other potential feedstock that can be used for producing bio-based chemicals are abundant materials, which helps to build value-added materials from fruit and vegetable processing industry or agricultural wastes.
• Bio-based chemicals are non-toxic, sustainable, and environmentally-friendly. These bio-based chemicals can be viewed as a high-potential alternative for replacing chemicals derived from non-renewable resources, such as crude. The bio-based chemicals can be processed into multiple downstream intermediate chemicals or derivatives, which in turn, can be applied in various types of downstream applications.
Executive Summary-Overview of the Bio-chemicals Market
• Automotive & Transportation
• Chemical & Material
• Improved economical source of energy
• Environmentally friendly
• Sustainable resources
• Reduction in wastage
• The extensive application sectors mean that a wide range of end-products can be manufactured.
• The production of bio-based chemicals are capable of generating the high value added chemicals for various
• industries such as pharmaceutical, foods, cosmetics and bio-fuels.
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 5
Technology Overview 14
Bio-based Chemicals : Market Overview 17
Bio-based Chemicals : Technology Snapshot 30
Market Assessment of Top 10 Bio-based Chemicals 42
Mega Trend Impact 78
Size of Innovation Ecosystems 83
Intellectual Property Intensity 90
Key Contacts 94
The Frost & Sullivan Story 97
To order this report: Emerging Trends in Biochemicals (Technical Insights)
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001