|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2013 01:00 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LINE Corporation, owner and operator of the free call and messaging app LINE, today announced the launch of its charity project LINE Santa Claus, and invites its users worldwide to participate in the event, themed "Building a Brighter Tomorrow for our Children."
LINE Santa Claus is a charity project that will be carried out within LINE's Official Account system. Using the ON AIR feature, which lets official accounts receive messages from users, LINE will ask its user base of over 310 million to send their wishes under the theme of "Building a Brighter Tomorrow for our Children."
Submissions will be accepted between noon on Friday, December 13 and 11:59 pm on Sunday, December 15 (GMT+9). After a review and selection process within LINE, wishes will be selected and announced on Christmas Day. Starting in 2014, LINE will start working on a project to make the chosen wishes* a reality, and will post status updates on the LINE Team official account, as well as its official Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts.
"We further wish to enrich the communication of people around the world, and as such, we added LINE Santa Claus charity project to let LINE users make a tangible contribution," said Akira Morikawa, CEO of LINE Corporation. "To that end, we are asking all of our users to give us their thoughts on what we should provide the children, which are the future of our world."
*The number of wishes that will be granted has yet to be determined.
- LINE Santa Claus
- The LINE official account LINE Santa Claus (LINE ID: @linesanta_2013_en) will be opened globally with support for seven languages.
- Using the ON AIR feature, LINE users will submit their wishes under the theme "Building a Brighter Tomorrow for our Children."
- The submissions will be reviewed and the results will be announced on Christmas Day.
- Plans to begin fulfilling the wishes will begin in 2014. (The completion date will be announced after selection).
How to participate
- Add the LINE Santa Claus official account as a friend.
- Using the official account's ON AIR feature, the user can submit a wish, reason for the wish, and their nationality in text form.
- The LINE team may contact users who have submitted wishes to confirm the details of their wishes.
- Account opens: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Wishes accepted: From noon on Friday, December 13 to 11:59 pm on Sunday, December 15 (GMT +9)
- Announcement: Monday, December 25
- English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Spanish, and Thai
Access for smartphone users
- From the More tab, go to Official Accounts > New Official Accounts or find the account in its respective category.
- From the More tab, go to Add Friends > Search by ID, and input the LINE ID "@linesanta_2013_en." Add the account from the search results.
About LINE Corporation
LINE Corporation is based in Japan and develops and operates the LINE app for smartphones. Since launching in June 2011, the LINE app has grown into a global service used in 230 countries, ranking first in the free app category in 60 countries. LINE offers free one-to-one and group messaging, as well as free domestic and international voice and video calls. LINE also includes a wide array of social elements such as fun and expressive stickers, a personal Home, a Timeline, and numerous LINE family apps, including LINE games and LINE camera. For more information about LINE, please visit http://linecorp.com/en/.
SOURCE LINE Corporation