|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2013 02:06 PM EST||
IDC Energy Insights today hosted a Web conference, IDC Energy Insights 2014 Predictions: Worldwide Oil & Gas, highlighting market predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analysts Robert Parker, Jill Feblowitz, Roberta Bigliani and Arthur Melet, the session provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes on the horizon. The Predictions Web Conference Series is designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. A replay of today's Web conference will be available within 12 hours. To access the replay, please visit: http://bit.ly/IDCEI_WWOilandGas_Predictions2014.
The IDC Energy Insights Top 10 Predictions for 2014 are:
- Prediction 1 - With the change in the global energy supply chain, oil and gas companies will put more focus on resiliency.
- Prediction 2 - IT security will remain the CIO's top concern, with a growing focus on process control security.
- Prediction 3 - CIOs will concentrate on innovation, analytics, and sourcing to keep the attention of business.
- Prediction 4 - Drilling risk mitigation and production optimization will drive further adoption of Big Data and analytics, new models for machine-to-machine connectivity, and field mobility.
- Prediction 5 - Safety and accountability will shape the relationship between owners and service companies.
- Prediction 6 - The concept of smart pipeline will start to gain significant momentum in most regional markets.
- Prediction 7 - Operational design moves to 3D.
- Prediction 8 - Asset integrity will take the spotlight in asset life-cycle management.
- Prediction 9 - Cloud will see an uptick in adoption, mainly for quick deployment and flexibility.
- Prediction 10 - IT spending in oil and gas will increase from $37.6 billion in 2011 to $49.4 billion in 2016.
"Dramatic changes in supply and demand have altered the oil and gas industry and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. To meet these challenges, oil and gas companies need to strive for operational resiliency, deliver productivity, enhance product, process and people reliability, and facilitate superior resource performance," said Jill Feblowitz, Vice President, IDC Energy Insights. "Following upon digital oilfield and integrated operations initiatives, we see the industry stepping up investment in new information and communications technology to support these objectives."
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or [email protected]. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact [email protected]; reporters should email [email protected].
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC’s offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide IDC's outlook on the IT market, across industries, for the coming year, During the next 60 days, IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents and host more than 50 events looking ahead at 2014. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2014 for a complete listing.
About IDC Energy Insights
IDC Energy Insights assists energy businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the utility and oil and gas industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-ei.com, email [email protected], or call 508-935-4400. Visit the IDC Energy Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/energy.