|By PR Newswire||
|December 13, 2013 10:09 AM EST||
DUBLIN, December 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dkp496/superconducting) has announced the addition of the "Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage (SMES) Systems - Global Strategic Business Report" report to their offering.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage (SMES) Systems in US$ Thousand. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2009 through 2018.
Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research. Company profiles are primarily based on public domain information including company URLs.
Key Topics Covered
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & PRODUCT DEFINITIONS
II. Executive Summary
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW
- Why Energy Storage?
- Growing Need for Green Energy Storage Devices
- SMES: A Promising Energy Storage Technology
- How Significant is SMES for Power Utilities?
- Effect of Energy Storage System Integration in Power Grid at Different Levels
- R&D Efforts Focused on Addressing Cost Issues & Storage Capacity in SMES Systems
- Development of Superconducting Materials: Essential for Market's Progress
- Focus on Sustainable Power Sourcing Enhances Significance of Energy Storage
- Why Energy Storage Can Be a Game Changer for Renewable Energy?
- Focus on Energy Efficiency to Drive Prospects for Energy Storage
- Rising Renewable Energy Consumption to Drive Energy Storage Market
- Assessing the Significance of Storage Technologies in Distributed Generation
- The Business Case for Installing Energy Storage Systems in DERs
- Microgrids - Driving Energy Storage in the Future
- Rapid Charging & Discharging and Minimizing Energy Losses: Major Advantages
- Growing Need to Develop SMES Systems with Larger Power Storage Capacities
- High Cost: A Major Obstacle to Adoption in Large-Scale Applications
- Challenges Faced in Deployment of SMES Systems
- New Projects & Government Mandates to Stimulate Energy Storage Market
- Incentives & Standards: Key to Promoting Energy Storage Technologies
- Competitive Landscape
2. ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS - AN OVERVIEW
- Power Grid: From Generation to Distribution
- World Electricity Generation & Demand: A Review
- Introduction to Grid Energy Storage
- Types of Energy Storage Systems
- A Comparative Review of Energy Storage Devices
- Characteristics of Energy Storage Technologies
- Applications of Various Energy Storage Technologies
- Super Capacitor Energy Storage (SCES)
- Compressed Air Energy Storage System (CAES)
- Flywheel Energy Storage System (FESS)
- Pumped Hydro Energy Storage Systems (PHESS)
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Major Functions of Energy Storage Technologies
- The Current State of Energy Storage
3. PRODUCT OVERVIEW
4. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
5. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
6. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
1. THE UNITED STATES
6. REST OF WORLD
IV. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
The report profiles 19 companies including many key and niche players such as:
- American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC)
- ASG Superconductors
- Babcock Noell
- Brookhaven National Laboratory Superconducting Magentic Division
- Bruker Energy &Supercon Technologies
- Chubu Electric Power Co.
- Columbus Superconductors
- Furukawa Electric
- GE Power Conversion
- General Cable Superconductors
- LS Cable & System
- Luvata U.K.
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization
- Southwire Company
- Sumitomo Electric Industries
- Sunam Co.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dkp496/superconducting
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets