|By PR Newswire||
|December 16, 2013 11:03 AM EST||
WALLA WALLA, Wash., Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Set in charming Walla Walla, in the heart of Washington wine country, the luxurious Marcus Whitman Hotel is the perfect backdrop for holiday celebrations. The historic Walla Walla landmark offers festive holiday activities in December with special rates in January to combat the post-holiday blues. The Marcus Whitman invites guests, visitors and locals alike to partake in the holiday festivities taking place on the property.
Receive a heaping dose of holiday cheer while listening to the sweet sounds of holiday music performed by local school children at the 13 annual "Festival of Carols." Taking place in the hotel's Explorer Ballroom on December 17, the family-friendly event begins at 10:00 a.m. and is free and open to the public. After the performance, take in the sights and sounds of the joyful season and enjoy the festive decor throughout the hotel. Sit down, relax and sip on a luxurious cup of hot cocoa in the Vineyard Lounge or indulge in a craft cocktail or a glass of specialty wine.
Dine at the Marc Restaurant and delight in the featured winter tasting menu expertly crafted by James Beard-recognized Chef Antonio Campolio. The featured seasonal menu items and exquisite wine pairings include:
- Cape Code Diver Scallop; 2010 Don Carlo, Estate Chardonnay – served with apricot, couscous and butternut squash
- Pleasant View Farms Duck Prosciutto; 2009, Locati Barbera, Columbia Valley – served with compressed apple, arugula, spiced pecan and Montiellet goat cheese
- Vanilla Chai Sorbet – intermezzo
- Double R Ranch Signature Tenderloin of Beef En Croute; 2010, Tero Estates, Tero Red, Walla Walla Valley – served with cause noir cheese, white truffle, blue mountain mushroom and micro clover
- Chocolate Orange Dobos Torte; 2010 Trio Vinters, Mourvedre, Yakima Valley – served with caramel, chocolate pearls, orange and Chantilly
The special menu is available for a limited time and the cost is $60 for food only and $85 for food and wine pairings. To book a reservation at the Marc Restaurant please call (509) 525-2200.
The holiday cheer continues throughout the month of January with special room rates and events from the Marcus Whitman Hotel, including:
- Special rates starting at $99 for a gorgeous King Deluxe room in the hotel's West Wing.
- Special rates starting at $129 for a luxurious King room in the Executive Tower.
- Health & Wellness Expo – A new year, a new you! Meet with wellness experts, see demonstrations, receive health check-ups and more! The annual event takes place on Saturday, January 18 from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center. For more information call (509) 524-5110.
- Bridal Expo – The annual event takes place on Saturday, January 25 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the beautiful Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center. The evening features an array of vendors, prize drawings and more. Preregister by January 10 at http://marcuswhitmanhotel.com/bridalfair-registration and receive complimentary admission and a gift bag! Admission at the door is $5.
Guests looking to celebrate the holidays at Marcus Whitman Hotel can reserve a room and wake up to enjoy the complimentary Hot & Healthy Breakfast, followed by exploring the gorgeous property and nearby acclaimed wineries, many within walking distance of the Marcus Whitman. Room rates over the holidays start at $109 per night.
To book a reservation for winter tasting menu at the Marc Restaurant, please call (509) 524-5139; to book a room at the Marcus Whitman Hotel please call (509) 525-2200. For more information, visit www.marcuswhitmanhotel.com.
About The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
Built in 1928 through a community labor of love, The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center is a downtown Walla Walla landmark where history and luxury intertwine. The property was fully renovated in 2001 and restored to its original grandeur, while adding modern updates to provide a truly luxurious experience for today's traveler. The full grounds include a 127-room hotel with luxury suites, a state-of-the art conference center featuring grand renaissance ballrooms, six on-site wine tasting boutiques, and the award-winning The Marc Restaurant and The Vineyard Lounge. Thousands of overnight guests, diners, wine lovers, conference goers, business travelers and pleasure seekers enjoy the Marcus Whitman's exceptional guest service each year, where they find "ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen" to the backdrop of modern splendor. www.marcuswhitman.com
SOURCE The Marcus Whitman Hotel