|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2013 09:07 AM EST||
Today, TripScope, a revolutionary travel app designed for travel professionals to effectively communicate to clients opens its doors. After only 3 months in beta with two of the largest travel groups in the US, TripScope has signed a remarkable 67 independent travel agencies in addition to 17,000 agents comprised of leisure, corporate and independent travel agents. TripScope was developed to ensure clients are properly prepared, informed, and connected throughout the entire duration of their travel experience.
TripScope delivers detailed itineraries directly onto travelers' smart phones, providing clients with interactive geo-tagged destination guides pertinent to each client’s interests. We have implemented push notification software that allows both agent and client to send and receive PN Messages within 20 minute intervals of clients not having wi-fi, avoiding costly long distance and roaming fees.
TripScope allows travel agents to deliver clients customized itineraries directly on their smart phones, while also providing geo-tagged, interactive city guides and destination recommendations relevant to each client’s interests. TripScope has proprietary software that allows both travel agent and client to communicate with each other from anywhere around the world. TripScope allows agents to market their services through their client’s social media sites, generating a greater reach of referrals, potential clients, and increased revenues.
- TripScope is an exciting new technology that delivers agent-generated digital itineraries directly to the smart phones of travelers.
- TripScope’s agent-facing website allows travel professionals to conveniently format, create, and customize itineraries, city guides, and maps.
- The data from the TripScope website automatically populates to the client’s smartphone via the TripScope app.
- TripScope is the first of its kind to create push notification software that allows a direct line of communication between agents and their clients in an easy-to-use, secure and modern way, putting the agent at the front and center of the travel experience.
- Travelers can get real-time itinerary changes, chat with the agent from anywhere in the world, even rate their agent on various social sites.
- Includes state of the art city guides that include dining options, sightseeing, tours, history, and practical information for travelers.
- Hotels, tours, and reservations are detailed with descriptions, amenities, and pictures, utilizing the geo-tagged interactive map.
- Serves as a marketing and referral tool that hyperlinks agent’s name and website with every picture, video, and post their client shares on social media sites through the TripScope app.
- Clients can document their travels with the geo-tagged photo album that can be shared on various social media platforms.
- With its white-labelling structure, agents can upload agency or consortia logos, as well as personalized agent info and pictures.
TripScope is a B2B2C travel app designed specifically for travel agents to provide itinerary information to their clients. It has a agent-facing website, where agents input the logistics of clients itineraries, which then populates to the clients smartphone, starting with the iPhone. TripScope is now available for download on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tripscope/id733773727
TripScope CEO & Founder, Katelyn O’Shaughnessy, saw the need to create a contemporary and innovative tool for a modern-day travel professional. O’Shaughnessy experienced first hand the inefficiencies for travel professionals in creating and providing paper itineraries, city guides, and maps to clients. These essential travel documents were often being left behind or packed away at the bottom of suitcases, resulting in lost, ruined, or difficult to find documents and creating frustration for the client while on their travels.
"I was tired of people saying my profession was obsolete, embarrassed of giving my clients a 15 page itinerary, impatient to wait around for a client referral, and frustrated with the helplessness I felt when someone missed their flight. So I created TripScope." -Katelyn O’Shaughnessy, CEO/Founder of TripScope
O’Shaughnessy, a travel agent by trade, recognized the lack of communication methods between travel professionals and clients traveling abroad. When unexpected travel mishaps or last minute itinerary changes occur, both parties were ill equipped with a method to quickly and effectively communicate such changes. Many times travelers abroad could not receive phone calls. “Contacting one another and resolving the issue is a big problem in the travel industry,” says O’Shaughnessy. O’Shaughnessy, set forth to create an app to solve these issues for both travel agent and traveler in early 2013.
Travel agents traditionally rely on referrals to grow their business. A word of mouth recommendation between two people was once the most efficient lead. With TripScope, a referral can be shared to the masses via social media. TripScope capitalizes on clients' social media posts to showcase, promote, and directly market the individual travel agent in real time. When clients share a photo, video, or status via the TripScope app MyTrip feature, a hyperlink with the agent’s url will automatically be linked to the post. This showcases the individual agent’s value and professional services directly with their client’s travel stories, creating a greater reach of awareness and potential leads.
TripScope is an iOS app developed in Los Angeles and founded in 2013 by 26 year old Katelyn O’Shaughnessy. TripScope is the first of its kind to create push notification software that allows a constant two-way platform of communication between client and agent at all times. For more information please visit: http://tripscopeapp.com/
About the founder: Katelyn’s passion for her career and industry has been the fuel in which keeps her pushing forward. She has taken the initiative to further develop the young travel community, and is the National Director for the nation’s largest young travel professionals organization, Millennials In Travel. Katelyn was awarded Travel Agent’s 30 Under 30 this year, as well as Travel+Leisure Magazine’s “Rising Star.”
On behalf of TripScope, Katelyn was selected to be a member of PhoCusWright’s 2013 Class of 35, an elite group of top travel innovators whose alumni include some of the biggest founders of travel tech including Hipmunk, Tripit and Room77. Katelyn recently won Social Media Week LA’s CROWDFUNDxLA, and she continues to speak at various travel conferences to help educate others on the next generation of travel professionals and the emerging travel technology available.