|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2013 09:19 AM EST||
INDIANAPOLIS, IN -- (Marketwired) -- 12/17/13 -- As part of its focus on global expansion, Ingram Micro Mobility has appointed Steve Roberts as executive director of Ingram Micro Mobility Canada. With more than 27 years in the telecom industry and extensive experience in the Canadian mobility space, Roberts will be responsible for growing the company's consumer, enterprise and supply chain business in Canada.
"Steve Roberts is a natural fit to drive the expansion of Ingram Micro Mobility Canada," said Bashar Nejdawi, president, Ingram Micro Mobility North America. "The combination of our leadership position at the center of the mobile ecosystem and Steve's rich mobility experience will help grow our portfolio of services and Canadian footprint."
Before joining Ingram Micro Mobility, Roberts held various executive positions at Bell and Rogers Communications Inc., and was most recently CEO of Global Operations at Forum Telecom.
Ingram Micro Mobility offers five distinct services designed for every phase of the device lifecycle:
- Plan - Improving accuracy in predicting concise inventory levels throughout the supply chain, limiting Days' Inventory on Hand and reducing stock outages, with ongoing performance reviews and business reporting.
- Market - Creating demand and accessing sales channels to help customers procure optimal product mix, launch and promotion within multiple sales channels, and financing services to accelerate and protect customer revenue.
- Customize - Preparing and enabling devices for market by programming, branding, kitting and connecting them to networks.
- Move - Delivering devices when and where needed by optimizing freight logistics, extensive fulfillment options and dedicated customer support.
- Recover - Extracting the most value from recovered devices through a secure return system that facilitates repair, recycling and remarketing.
About Ingram Micro Inc.
Ingram Micro is the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in IT supply-chain and mobile device lifecycle services. As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics and mobile solutions, technical support, financial services and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving approximately 160 countries on six continents with the world's most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Visit IngramMicro.com.
Ingram Micro Mobility is a leading provider of device lifecycle services, including complete lifecycle capabilities from basic warehousing to software loading, order and accounts receivable management to end-user fulfillment, and reverse logistics, including wireless device repair, refurbishment and recycling services. Visit ingrammicro.com/mobility.